It’;s not very difficult to write a single Facebook post or a 140-character tweet, but it’;s easy to shove these responsibilities aside when you have a business to run. Social media sites require regular maintenance to stay spam-free and to provide interesting content for your followers. The right social media company can help you juggle it all.
Hiring a social media company for your business can help you:
- Increase loyalty among existing customers
- Stay on top of consumer trends and competitors’; activities
- Tap into new markets
- Establish a pipeline for direct communication at all times, even if your website goes down
- Build long-lasting relationships
But how do you find the right social media company? Social media professionals understand metrics, best practices, current trends and rules and regulations. When interviewing potential social media partners, look for a company that:
- Monitors — reviews pages regularly and engages with users who have questions or concerns.
- Manages — keeps accounts clean-looking and updated with the most current information and appropriate links.
- Creates content — provides original and interesting posts, questions, photos and more for your pages.
- Advertises — promotes posts or buys social media ads to expose your brand and your social media presence to more people.
- Designs — creates campaigns, images, tabs, etc. to help you look great.
- Analyzes — measures your success and pinpoints areas that need improvement with periodic analytics reports.
Ask the social media companies you consider about their backgrounds and policies. You will want to find out how they react in a crisis, and how they will keep you informed about the content and posts on their pages. Discuss with them what social media platforms are appropriate for you, whether you should have a blog and what content is OK to share from others in your industry. You should also talk about what to do if someone posts a negative comment about you on social media — how quickly do you want to respond and how does the social media company diffuse an inflammatory situation.
The right social media company will understand you and the tone you want to convey and be willing to share their ideas as well as integrate yours into your brand’;s social media approach. Don’;t feel like you have to figure out social media on your own — work with a social media company that does this professionally that you can trust to have your best interests at heart.