Puffy eyes or swelling under the eyes is caused due to swelling in the tissues of the eyes known as orbits. It is the common problem that is mainly because of fluid buildup around the eyes. Minor puffiness is found under the eyes only and is often known as eye bags. It is normal in some individuals and can be removed with the help of some natural treatments, but can become prominent due to the factors such as age and fatigue. To prevent it from getting permanent, there are some effective methods.
Explain the below methods
There are many factors responsible for puffiness under eyes. They are allergies, fluid retention, stress and hormonal changes. You get swollen eyes when you cry for a long time. Crying makes the blood flow rapid towards the eyes that make them swell. Some may get puffy eyes after sleeping.
There are various methods to improve swelling under eyes.
You can consider the following methods to get rid of it:
1. Massage Method: Puffy eyes are attributed to a fluid buildup around the eyes and when you get up in the morning, this is the first thing that you notice. Massage is one of the suggested ways to drain out the fluid around your eyes. Before doing massage, you should first clean your face thoroughly. Then using your fingertips massage the cream or oil gently around your eyes. Take enough amounts to allow your fingers move slowly on your face. A tight textured cream or oil helps to prevent stress and stretching of the delicate skin of the eyes.
Almond oil is light and non – greasy. You can use it conveniently for doing massage. Some individuals also use jojoba oil, but pure form of jojoba oil is a bit pricey.
Normal aqueous cream is affordable and works well. Be careful while doing massage and your touch should be extra soft to prevent the skin from stretching.
2. Cucumber Slice Method: Cucumbers helps to remove puffiness under eyes. It is known for its anti – inflammatory properties and prevents puffiness naturally. It refreshes your mind as well as your eyes by soothing them gently. Slice a cucumber and cool it in a refrigerator. Put two slices on your eyes for about 25 minutes. Take a short nap to relax with the cool soothing slices. This will remove puffiness under eyes in no time.
Cucumbers contain lots of water that help to soothe the bags around eyes and it also moisturizes them well.
3. Green Tea Bag: Use green tea bags because it contains antioxidants. It is anti-inflammatory and constricts blood flow to reduce swelling around the eyes. It also prevents inflammation and is a quick way to find relief. Steep two green tea bags in a container and place it in a refrigerator. Place them on both the eyes for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Spoon Method: Cold spoons are not a magical treatment to reduce eye puffiness. But many individuals use it for solving this problem. One thing is that they fit nicely into the eye sockets and are not messy. It reduces the bags by simply being cold and nothing much is effective about it. You have to just place two metal spoons in the freezer. You can also put it in a glass of chilled icy water. Put these cold spoons on both the eyes as long as it improves puffiness. Some people find it easy method when they have to rush out doors, in the morning.
5. Eye Cream Method: Under eye creams are the best method to remove eye puffiness. Not only this, it helps to prevent other problem of eyes such as dark circles and wrinkles. It is easy to apply and comes in a squeezable tube or a container through which you can easily take the required amount of cream. There are also various options as it can be in the form of a serum, lotion or a gel. It contains special ingredients such as hyaluronic acid and Argireline that helps to improve the skin around the eyes. Hyaluronic acid acts as a moisturizer and makes the skin soft and also reduces the appearance of wrinkles as well as fine line.
This is the most proven method to prevent eye puffiness and various other eye problems permanently.
Puffiness under eyes is a common problem and can be prevented by using these simple methods. You can try them if you want short term relief, from puffy eyes. But if you want a permanent treatment, then eye cream is the best option. These creams are anti – aging, which also removes wrinkles from your eyes. You should choose a cream that contains Argireline, Hyaluronic acid and vitamin E. These are proven ingredients that are effective to solve eye skin problems.