Today I will be teaching you how to create a usb bootable disk for you to be able to format or repair other windows computers with the disk. The only requirement you will have is that you should be using a version of command prompt which is v6 or above.
You can follow the step by step tutorial below and learn how to get the above mentioned task done.
1. Insert the usb flash disk (should be 4 gb or above)
2. Open command prompt (CMD)
3. Type “Diskpart” (A new CMD like window opens)
4. Type “List Disk” (The list of available disks is displayed)
5. Select the usb disk by checking the capacity that it stores. DO NOT SELECT YOUR HARD DISK. lets say mine is DISK 1. So you type in this case “Select Disk 1” (Disk 1 is now selected)
6. Type “Clean” (the disk is cleaned and all data is lost)
7. Type “Create partition primary” (A primary partition is created on the selected disk)
8. Type “Active” (The newly created partition is marked as active)
9. Type “format fs=fat32” (This might take long as it is formatting the disk. DONT PANIC. let it complete.)
10. Type “Assign” (This gives the disk a drive letter and the disk is now visible on your computer now.)
11. Google for daemon tools lite, download and install it.
12. Mount your windows iso (Windows Vista or a later version) to the virtual disk by right clicking the .iso file and choosing mount with DT lite.
13. The mounted disk should appear in my computer. Right click it and open it in a new window. Select all files and copy-paste them to the newly formatted flash disk
14. YOUR DISK IS READY TO BOOT WITH AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO BOOT ANY COMPUTER WITH USB BOOT SUPPORT
Hope this article helped you or you got to learn something new about your computer. Thank you! Please share and Tweet