Have you got to give in your dissertation in the next 20 days and you haven’t started it yet? You find yourself badly stuck and don’t know what to do. You have absolutely no idea where to get the dissertation help from or how to even get started.
Stuck are you…uhh? Then following strategies will allow you, for FREE, to successfully undertake this task. There are three essential sources that provide dissertation help for free:
1. Dissertation Advisor:
”What slow and painful death can I give to my hopeless dissertation advisor? Crucifixion is too good for this useless wretch…Is this your immediate thought that comes into your mind when your advisor doesn’t reply your e-mails or doesn’t get in contact with you or always rejects what you send.
For the last 5 years I’ve been hearing from quite a few students that dealing with the supervisor is a total nightmare. As a matter of fact my research shows that every 8 out of 10 students who have to submit their dissertations say that they are stuck because of their advisors. Although in situations your advisor may prove to be chaotic but it is not the only reason of your dissertation stoppages. Turn the cameras on yourself and ask these questions from yourself:
• Are you missing your deadlines?
• Are you calling off and postponing meetings numerous times?
• Are you insisting on quick answers when you don’t provide them yourself?
• Do you always keep altering ideas, topic, or approach?
• Are you shying away from your advisor because of any of the above reasons?
If you answer is yes to any one of the above questions, then you may be a catalyst to the disorder of your relationship. Analyze what you can do to act more responsibly and consistently and more importantly to get the advisor help you.
2. A Friend Who Has Written a Dissertation Before:
Another source of dissertation help can be your friend. If you know someone who has already written a dissertation, you are likely to get tremendous help from them. Your friend can not only help you with the research but can give you a guideline that you could follow to write your own dissertation. You can also get a copy of your friend’s dissertation and use it as a reference.
3. Local & Online Libraries:
Libraries, whether local or online, also serve as a source of dissertation help for you. You can easily find material related to the subject and theme of your dissertation. Being able to go through literally hundreds of references will help you collect relevant matter for your dissertation.
All universities preserve copies of dissertations, usually in their libraries, or in the individual department, or both. Don’t forget to check the universities libraries to find a copy of your dissertation. You can also purchase it for nominal prices through university’s website or through phone.
Dissertations were being done long before the internet came along. Depending too much on the internet and not enough on your own resources, like taking a walk to a local library, can actually hurt your academic paper big time. However, internet resources are now much more sophisticated and comprehensive. Here is a list of few online sources I’ve found useful during my dissertation writing process:
• http://www.scholar.google.com: Google Scholar offers a search of scholarly literature across many disciplines and sources, including theses, dissertations, books, abstracts and articles.
• http://www.books.google.com: Google has digitized many books from library collections, including hundreds of books related to Old English literature: editions, translations and much more. You just need to have a Gmail account to access full books.
• http://www.questia.com: The world’s biggest online library. Although it is a paid resource but worthwhile browsing through. Also it is very cheap. A few bucks can get you a month’s membership to browse through thousands of books, journals, articles, newspapers and magazines.
• http://www.ebscohost.com: Through this great resource you can access hundreds of libraries by sitting at your home through internet. Remote access of EBSCO’s databases is only allowed to subscribing institutions for personal, non-commercial use. You should check with your institute to see if they have subscribed to this resource.
Knowing the appropriate resources available for dissertation help will most certainly allow you to stay focused. Maintaining human relationship is an art. You have to be smart as well as responsible when interacting with your advisor to get maximum help. Friends and peers are often ignored when you are trying to get your dissertation finished. Don’t make the mistake of forgetting them.
When trying to get free dissertations online be careful about your topic and university guidelines. You may well download a dissertation thinking it as a great match to your topic but in reality it isn’t. You can also search and buy dissertations from the university’s website. Also see if there’s an interlibrary loan system that could send you a copy.