If you’ve just bought your hookah and all it’s accessories and you’re just standing there not knowing what to do, than you came to the right place. This is where you will learn it. How about we go to the juicy part.
- Fill the vase so that the stem of the hookah is submerged approximately one inch in the water. Using ice in the glass is very common; it makes the smoking experience more cool and soothing. You can also try freezing your glass by putting approximately an inch of water into the glass and putting it into the freezer.
- Place the metal argile on top of the vase. You should have a gasket to help seal the two together making it air tight.
- Place the tray over the top of the argile head. The tray will not fit over most heads, so you’ll need to place it on first. The opening for the tray will usually be a bit wider than the neck of the argile.
- Attach the hose gasket to the end of the hose. Place the end of the hose with gasket into the hose opening of the argile.
- Brake up the shisha so it sets lightly in the bowl. If it is packed too dense, it will not allow smoke to be pulled through the head. Fill the head to the rim of the bowl and no higher. If you over fill the head, the shisha will become too packed when placing the foil or metal screen over the top.
- When placing foil over the top, get a square piece of foil that is approximately 3 X 3 inches.
- Place the foil over the top of the head like the picture shown on the left.
- Poke holes in the foil. A thumb tack or oyster fork works best.
- Lighting coals – If you have instant light Syrian coals or Japanese silver square coals, a lighter will work. For Nour and The Lord Style coals, use a stove or propane torch. You can find a propane torch at home improvement store for around $20. Burn the coal all the way around so when you blow on the coal, a red glow covers the entire piece. You can not directly apply flame to the tobacco or use Kingsford BBQ charcoals for the head. A lot of BBQ charcoal gives off too much carbon monoxide which can cause headaches and even death. Use only hookah charcoals please.
- Carefully place the charcoal on top of the hookah head so that you don’t drop ambers into the shisha.
*If the hookah smoke becomes harsh, you may have too many coals on the head. Try removing a coal or breaking a coal into two to distribute heat better. If the hookah is still smoking harsh, ambers may be in the shisha. Remove coals and cover so that you can blow out ambers.