Vertigo occurs when you feel that your surroundings are spinning or your head is spinning.
This is manifested by a dizzy feeling when you move your head, lie down or sit up.
This type of vertigo is a benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) which is the most common diagnosis which cause vertigo. However, there are other common causes such as labyrinthitis and meniere’s disease of vertigo and each has its own methods of prevention and treatment to alleviate the dizziness.
1.Consult a doctor to determine what type of vertigo do you have. The doctor will make you undergo a series of test.
2. Therapeutic exercises at home should be performed as directed by doctor.
3. Conduct an eye exercise by looking up and down, side-to-side, and from near to far. Move your head to the front and back and turn it from side to side beginning slowly and building up speed. Bend at the waist to touch the floor and twist from left to right. Shrug your shoulders and move them in a circular motion.
4. Antibiotics prescribe by doctor will help alleviate the symptoms of vertigo cause by labyrinthitis.
5. While suffering vertigo, avoid reading as this would lessen the symptoms.
6. Avoid foods by eating a low salt- diet which can help reduce the amount of fluid built up in your ear and can prevent the symptoms of vertigo cause by meniere.
7. Regular exercise may reduce stress aside from helping you shape up. Stress may trigger to vertigo cause by meniere.