Before getting started,you need to make a list of all the ingredients you’ll need to create a well-stocked pantry. Here I have some suggestions to begin stocking your pantry. You may not need or want all of these items so don’t just go out and get everything on my list. Most of the ingredients are basic enough that they can be used to make a variety of meals.
Vegetable Oil,Peanut Oil, Olive Oil, Sesame Oil.
Peppermint, Butter, Almond, Maple,Lemon,and definitely Vanilla.
Salt, Pepper, Whole Black Peppercorns, Basil, Rosemary, Parsley, Oregano, Thyme, Bay Leaves, Ginger, Mustard Powder, Marjoram, Paprika, Cayenne, Crushed Red Pepper, Chili Powder, Cumin, Tarragon, Garlic and Onion salts.
* Baking Soda
* Baking Powder
* Corn Starch
* Hot Sauce
* Parmesan cheese
* Sugar (Powdered, Granulated and Brown)
* Stock (Chicken, Beef, Vegetable)
* Lemons (or Lemon Juice)
* Maple Syrup
Always check your goods before you buy them for the expiration dates. Don’t buy anything you can’t use before the expiration dates. Buy Milk, Bread, Cheese, and other perishable items in small quantities.Replace them as needed so they are always fresh and available for when you need them.
Here are a few more items that can be handy.
* Canned or Frozen Vegetables (usually frozen taste better)
* Canned Soups (Cream of Chicken or Mushroom)
* Spaghetti Sauce
* Dried Beans
* Tomato SauceWith some effort and practice you can be enjoying the taste of real foods instead of counting on fast food restaurants, and TV dinners every night. You can make a simple casserole by adding rice, Cream of chicken soup, and your favorite frozen vegetable, to some left over chicken. Try adding ground beef and spaghetti sauce to some bow tie pasta. Top with fresh Parmesan cheese and a side of garlic bread and you have yourself some very simple delicious meals.
Soon you’ll start figuring out what spices and different things you can add together to make healthier meals. Look for recipes online, and ask friends and family for ideas and tips. Before you know it you’ll be cooking and eating like a chef.