Job searching? Here’s a list of the Top 5 Sites Used by Today’s Job Seekers.
- http://www.indeed.com – This site compiles the job listings from several of the “big” job search engines as well as the smaller, less popular, more obscure sites.
- http://www.monster.com – Search millions of jobs in virtually every industry
- http://www.workopolis.com – Same as Monster, but with an easier log in process.
- http://www.craigslist.org – Search for your own city on their site. Some jobs are not legitimate, so be careful about who you send your resume. Many smaller companies search for employees on this site thanks to the free classifieds
- http://www.eluta.com – Same concept as Indeed, but not quite as good.
In today’s economy, finding a job is a full-time job in and of itself. Don’t be frustrated if you don’t get a call back right away. Don’t feel discouraged if you apply to 100 jobs and get one call for an interview.
Most job openings are not advertised, creating what seems like a Hidden job market. Information about available work is circulated through manager’s network of co-workers, business associates, friends and acquaintances.
While it is possible to find a good job online without the help of networking or nepotism, it is advised that you speak to people within your profession and industry in order to get some tips for interviews, ways to meet people &put yourself out there. Remember to make cards and pass them out to everyone you meet so they know what your profession is and that you’re available and ready to be hired.