Many cases of the swine influenza A (H1N1) virus infection have now been confirmed in Califorinia,Kansas, New York,Ohio and Texas so far. There are so many cases of this swine flu in Mexico and even several deaths.This virus is spreading from human to human, so be very careful when coming in contact with people especially if they are coughing.
As with many infectious disease take theses measures to protect yourself:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you sneeze or cough. Throw tissue away after use.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze.
- Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes,nose and mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
If you get sick, the U.S. Centers for Diease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
The symptoms of swine flu includes fever,cough,and runny nose,and possibly other symptoms,such as body aches, nausea, or vomitting or diarrhea. If you experience these symptoms should contact their family physician/health care provider. There is no vaccine available at this time for the swine influenza. Your health care provider will prescribe you with and antiviral medication and other treatments to help you. Also make sure that you keep yourself glued to the news for there are always updates, about the virus. They say you don’t need a mask, but wearing one can help prevent you if you have a low immune system. So take these tips and protect yourself.