We all know the incredible health benefits exercise has on the body and mind. And we all know what works, eat less and exercise more. When you keep slipping up on a new exercise regime and healthy eating plan, it can cause great stress, which it’s meant to reduce. Follow these tips to loose weight and exercise more peacefully.
- Make exercise a healthy habit that is a top priority. Know that it only takes about 21 days to start a habit. Exercise in the morning to get it done with and to give you energy the whole day. Know that God wants you to live a full happy balanced life. Pray for God to help you in your exercise regime, if it concerns you it concerns God.
- Do not feel guilty if you stumble or mess up your healthy eating plan and exercise routine. Keep moving forward on the path, do not dwell on the past, for it can cause stress. Pray for God to give you peace of mind and believe He will deliver. (Isaiah 43:18) “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.”
- Love your body everyday, do not compare your body to others. Remember you body is a temple of the Holy Spirit. Think positively about your body and stay confidant that you will loose weight and get in shape. (Proverbs 14:30) “A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.”
- Be patient with you body, it takes time and hard work to be successful at most things in life. Realize that each day is a new day and a new beginning for a new you. (Luke 12:22) Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.”
- Keep working on your spiritual training as well. Work on your personal relationship with God. Know His Word and be prepared to help others in need or share the love of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Listen to podcasts of the Bible or sermons on your iPod while working out. (Timothy 4:8) For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. (1 Corinthians 9:25) Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.