First you must know God’s Word is our life manual! Jesus is very clear that to be born again is the only way to see the Kingdom of God as He explains things to Nicodemus.
1. John 3:3 ~ Jesus declared, “I TELL YOU THE TRUTH, NO ONE CAN SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD UNLESS HE IN BORN AGAIN…”
2. Nicodemus didn’t understand what Jesus meant by this statement. He asks in John 3:4 “HOW CAN A MAN BE BORN WHEN HE IS OLD? SURELY HE CANNOT ENTER A SECOND TIME INTO HIS MOTHER’S WOMB TO BE BORN!”.
3. Jesus answered Nicodemus in John 3:5-7 “I TELL YOU THE TRUTH, NO ONE CAN ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD UNLESS HE IS BORN OF WATER AND THE SPIRIT. FLESH GIVES BIRTH TO FLESH BUT THE SPIRIT GIVES BIRTH TO SPIRITUAL LIFE. YOU SHOULD NOT BE SURPRISED WHEN I TELL YOU, YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN.”
Jesus paid the price of our sins in full Jesus had one purpose, to save all people from spiritual death.
1. John 3:16-21 ~ God so loved the world that He gave his only biological Son, that anyone who believes in Him shall not die spiritually but have an eternal life. FOR GOD DID NOT SEND HIS SON TO CONDEMN OR JUDGE THE WORLD BUT TO SAVE THE WORLD THROUGH HIM…
2. John 3:20-21 …EVERYONE WHO DOES EVIL HATES THE LIGHT AND WILL NOT COME TO THE LIGHT FOR FEAR THAT HIS DEEDS WILL BE EXPOSED. BUT WHOEVER LIVES BY THE TRUTH COMES INTO THE LIGHT, SO THAT IT MAY BE SEEN PLAINLY THAT WHAT HE HAS DONE HAS BEEN DONE THROUGH GOD.
Again in John 14:6 the Bible ~ Jesus said I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE; NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER BUT THROUGH ME.
1. To be born again means you surrender your life and ways to God’s Plan and Will.
2. It means you turn away from the world and turn towards God.
3. Being BORN AGAIN means selfish ways are put away in exchange for eternal life with Christ.
Repent! Ask fo forgivness. Before we can be BORN AGAIN, we must repent of our sins.
1. Acts 3:19-20 ~ Repent, then, and turn to God, so your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, and that He may send the Christ (Savior) who has been appointed for you – even Jesus.
2. Repenting is asking God to forgive your sins (transgressions, evil ways, mistakes) and then making them right again. For example: If your sin was cheating off a test then you are called to ask the person you cheated off of to forgive you and you are to confess to your professor of your cheating and take the consequence of that sin. If your sin is cheating on your boyfriend/girlfriend than you need to tell your boyfriend/girlfriend and ask forgiveness. This may not save the relationship but you need to become clean by admitting and asking forgiveness.
Our hope is Jesus! Jesus died on the Cross for our eternal life.
1. 1 Peter 1:3 ~ PRAISE BE TO GOD AND FATHER OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST! IN HIS GREAT MERCY HE HAS GIVEN US NEW BIRTH INTO A LIVING HOPE THROUGH THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST FROM THE DEAD.
2. Through His death on the cross, Jesus gave us hope and new life. All we have to do is accept His gift. Without hope there is no life. Jesus is hope.
When we are born again, the Bible tells us that our second birth is an everlasting birth. It is our souls becoming imperishable. 1. 1 Peter 1:23 ~ For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. 2. We stay fresh in our second birth through reading scripture.
Angels Rejoice To know you are Born Again, you must be honest with yourself. Answer to yourself honestly the following: 1. Have you genuinely asked God for forgiveness of your sins? 2. Have you genuinely asked for forgiveness from those you sinned against? 3. Have you genuinely tried to make amends for your sins? 4. Have you honestly accepted God’s free gift of eternal life through Jesus’ blood? 5. Are you living a life that is completely sold out to Jesus? (Are you giving Him your all?) 6. Have you accepted His plan for your life? (Are you following His Will?)
* If you are honest with yourself when answering these questions, you will know if you are born again. NO ONE is perfect. We all sin from time to time. The difference is when you are born again, sin is not willful (on purpose)and you want to repent and make restitution for your sin. When you are not born again, you may not recognize when you are sinning (but it is still sinning). But when the heart is genuine in it’s asking, oh, how the angels rejoice!
This article was not written to convert or recruit anyone. However, if you were moved to wanting a second birth, then stop where you are and ask God to forgive you of your sins. Ask Him to live in your heart and guide you through life. Commit to following His plan for your life whatever it might be. Then find a church where you can feel the love of Christ and start studying your Bible. God will reveal His plans to you if your heart is genuine and your faithful in prayer and Bible study. Blessings!
~ More verses: 1 Peter 1:6-9; 1 Peter 1:13-25; 1 Peter 2:1-5
~ Search your heart and you will know if you are really a Born Again Christian or if you are just faking it hoping to make it (this doesn’t work).
~ God will take you as you are. You don’t have to clean up your act first or be a better person first. He will do the cleaning if you are genuine in your search for a better (not always easier) life with Him.
~ Asking is not enough. The free gift is there but we must take it. It’s like air. It’s there for anyone who breathes but it won’t do you any good if you don’t take a breath.