VoIP telephone apps have many features that are not supported by an analog phone. Some of the features are IDs similar to those of emails, sharing contact lists if you have multiple accounts, etc. Contacts will remember IDs similar to emails better than names and phone numbers. VoIP apps work the best if you have 3G or even better connections. They can be a worthwhile backup option if you want to have effective communications for your business. WiFi can be good for using VoIP apps even if you face problems with VoIP due to frequent dropped calls.
Top 10 VoIP Telephone Apps for Businesses
1. Beejive: This application tops the list if your purpose is to have mobile chats. This supports not only VoIP calls as well as multiple-chat clients but, many other tools also. In the iPhone app, there is an overlay text that is transparent and so, your conversation will be visible to you. So, you may proceed on the right track and continue your chat. Push notification up to 7 days is also available.
2. Fring: This app is considered as an appropriate competitor of Skype but it does not offer unlimited plans for calling. There will be per-minute charges but, the rates will be low. If you want to initiate, modify or terminate or control the two-party or multi-party communication sessions, adopting the concept of SIP and using Fring can be a great idea. Many people consider Fring as an ideal choice in the VoIP apps available today.
3. iCall: This is another favorite app that can be used to make VoIP calls. VoIP calling using iCall is free in the US and Canada. Other international calls are also inexpensive.
4. JaJah: JaJah requires a simple download and once you download the app, you can access services which may easily integrate with the phone-book you have. Calling of Jajah and FaceBook users comes free of cost. Other calls are not expensive also.
5. Line2: If you want unlimited SMS and enjoy a free trial for 30 days, you must opt for the Line2 app. You can get an additional number if you want to use Line2 on your iPhone. You can use one number for your work and another for your personal use. There is no penalty for cancellation.
6. Nimbuzz: Nimbuzz is considered as an all-inclusive app because it can support many chat clients as well as VoIP options. You can use your Smartphone or browsers including desktop and enjoy the features of this app like free calling, messaging and sharing of files.
7. Skype: Skype and VoIP are considered basically synonymous. Skype can easily be used and it is inexpensive also. There is no difference between Skype iOS and the Skype that you use on the computers because it can also do everything. Instant messaging, video chat, etc. are also available on it.
8. Talkatone: This app uses Gmail VoIP for making free calls using your iPhone or iPad and also iPad Touch. But, you should have a Google-Voice account. Setting up of Talkatone is also easy.
9. Truphone: There are two plans on the Truphone application and the first is the pay-as-you-go plan and the second one is the unlimited plan. International calls from the US to 35 other destinations throughout the world come free of cost. Text messages come at low costs and free calls are allowed for Skype, GoogleTalk and other free IMs.
10. Viber: Viber is highly popular among users. You need not create any account on it. But, with Viber, you can make free calls only to other Viber users. Viber can be used for handling over the information of the credit cards you have. You can use it for creating a username also.