Acne is a disease of hair follicle of hair, chest, neck and back which is found in male and female both. It occurs generally in teenage groups and may affect adults in their 20s, 30s and 40s also. No any certain causes have been found for this disease, but according to a research, hormonal changes cause the acne problem in most of the teenagers and youngsters in their late 20s.People suffering from acne problem should consult dermatologist or skin specialist and use self-help techniques to heal this problem, as untreated acne may leave scars on the skin and make a person less confident.
Forms of acne
Acne appears on the skin as follows:
- As blackheads and whiteheads which forms congested pores
- As pimples or zits
- As pustules
- As cysts (deep pimples).
How acne forms?
Acne is mainly caused by bad food habits, more consumption of alcohol and hormonal changes in a human body. Generally it is seen that it occurs in teenagers during their puberty stage. It stimulates sebaceous glands of the skin and produces oil to plug the pores. Whiteheads, blackheads and pimples are some of the types of acne which occurs in teenagers.
If a person is suffering from severe acne problem, he/she should consult an experienced dermatologist for Acne treatments. Self-help remedy or homemade therapy can also be used for initial stage of acne.
Some of the popular self-help techniques for Acne treatments are as follows:
- Do not wash affected areas frequently, as it may create irritation in skin and make it worse.
- Do not wash the affected areas with harsh soaps or cleanser. Wash the affected area with mild soap and lukewarm water.
- Do not try to squeeze the pimples, as it may produce a big lump in skin called cyst (deep pimples).The cyst is hard to remove from skin and may need long treatment.
- Avoid using too much cosmetics and make-up products. Prefer to use water-based products, so that it cannot block the pores of inner layers of the skin.
- Remove make-up from face before going to bed.
- For dry skin, use moisturizer and fragrance-free cosmetics.
- Use water-based emollient.
- Adopt good food habit
If your acne problem is severe, then consult a dermatologist for better Acne treatments. They will recommend you some prescribed treatments like topical retinoids, azelaic acid, topical antibiotics and antibiotic tablets. In Topical treatments, Benzoyl peroxide is used which is usually available as a cream and gel and kills the bacteria of the pimples and cysts. Topical retinoids reduce the stimulation of sebum while preventing dead cells in skin.