How to Sleep Better while doing Night Shifts
Not all people are lucky enough to work on typical nine to five shift. Many of us work in night or graveyard shift and those doing work at these odd hours do need 8 hours of sleep to recharge body energy level, avoid health problems and relieve stress. Here are some useful tips to ‘trick’ your biological clock.
- First important thing to remember not to take nap when you are at night shift, in addition to to be very dangerous in work place like factory, you body will never able adjust to this awkward schedule and insomnia will set up.
- Noise is the most common complaint of people who sleep during the day; so, noise prevention should be given top priority. While looking for a home to rent or buy, always look for a one in quiet neighbor, when neighbor kids are back from school.
- Wear ear plugs to block all noises, It is also important to turn off your ringer and disconnect your door bell.
- Since sunlight will disturb your day, you should choose a house where the bedroom is on the north side of the house. This side is often in the shade.
- Give yourself at least an hour of doing something you enjoy. Eat breakfast, watch a morning show, listen to the music or read a book. Or, go for a run or do some form of exercise.
- Take a hot shower to relax yourself, Try to set a routine that stays the same every day, if possible. Come home, do the same thing every morning.
- Get into the bed at the same time every morning and wake up at the same time every afternoon.
- Use a fan or white noise machine to block out disturbances such as dogs or traffic. Keep your room as dark as possible.
- Buy headphones for TVs and stereos so other can still listen to their music without disturbing you.