How to Remove your Lens Properly
Soft contact lenses are great for and active lifestyle. Except daily disposable lens, other type of lenses requires regular cleaning and proper removal procedure to minimize risk of infection.
Your contact lens lies in front of the colored area of your eye if you are not sure, then cover your other eye; if you can see properly then lens is in its right place.
- Read and follow the directions and precautions well given in the product manual, which come with your lens.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and properly with mild soap and dry with a lint-free towel before handling your lenses.
- You can use rewetting or lubricating solution just before removing your lenses and make them easier to remove. Put one or two drops of solution in each eye 10 minutes before removing, this will hydrate the lens so that it’s not dry when you remove it.
- Start with your right eye. Make sure your lens is centered.
- Looking up pull down your lower eyelid with the middle finger of your inserting hand.
- Bring your index finger close to your eye until you touch the lower edge of the lens.
- Slide the lens down to the lower white part of your eye.
- Gently squeeze the lens between your thumb and index finger and remove it from your eye.
- Follow the lens care procedures recommended by your eye care professional.
Above described contact lens removal method is called “Pinch Method”