As we all are aware of the fact that depression is one of the most infuriating and mentally straining health conditions that has sown its roots in the minds of children along with adult individuals in recent times with increasing at a drastic rate. The severity of this mental disorder and its allied health implication in the general population makes it a major delirious health condition that needs a quick attention. It has been estimated that more than 2 million teenagers as well as kids have been afflicted with this clinical depressing condition every year.
The government thus recommends that screening all the high risk teens for depression will be the first crucial step with regards to preventing the kids from the allied mental complications. A recent survey conducted on teens and preteens pertaining to their unhealthful dependence on the use of the internet have proved that these kids are associated with double the risk of becoming depressed as compared to other kids in the same age group. Teens that use the Internet pathologically emerge extra likely to develop depression than individuals who do not, This effect suggests that youthful group who are originally free of psychological physical condition problems but use the Internet pathologically might develop despair as a result
Parents put a check on your kids’ screen time
The establishment of a link between depression in children and addiction to the internet has given a good reason for parents to keep a close eye on their kids and their dependence on the internet for pacifying or stabilizing their mood. Around 1,041 teenagers were enrolled for the study purpose and questions pertaining to their time of use of internet and their unhealthy dependence on it such that the feeling of depression or were moody when offline but it goes off as soon as one comes online.
The results showed that the majority of the teens, which accounts for 94%, were not dependent on internet but, the rest of the kids (that is 6%) were found to be at a moderate level risk pathological internet users. These teens when assessed after nine months time were found to be nearly twice likely to experience the symptoms of depression than their other peer group; although, no signs of depression existed previously.
Hence, it is highly recommended to limit the use of internet by children and thus shield them against the growing dependence of internet and its relation to depression.
Camili Smith is a Medical Student and a freelancer who is specialized in writing. He is associated with many Pharmacies for whom he writes articles based on generic drugs like Generic zyvox, Mifeprex, Generic amoxicillin, Forzest, Generic Viagra, generic cialis 20mg etc online.