This mouth-watering recipe is easy to make and it’s a great way to use up extra eggs. Indeed, an addition of egg helps make this dish so special. It’s particularly ideal for breakfast, brunch, or even for a festive recipe. Your family members, relatives or friends will truly enjoy this South of the Border Egg Casserole. You will never know its great nutrtition from how good it tastes.
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 28 oz. pkgs. shredded Monterey Jack
- 124 oz. light large curd cottage cheese
- 14 oz. can chopped green chilies, drained
Eggs: Nutritional & Economical
With economy being what it is we may need to find more economical ways to feed our family nutritionally. Eggs are loaded with nutrition and are an excellent source of protein. We can feel good about giving our family a dish that is not only good for them but also good for our pocket.
New research indicates that eggs are really not a danger to our cholesterol as previously thought.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking powder, and softened butter.
- (You can soften butter in the microwave using the “soften” function.)
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring thoroughly.
- Grease a 13 X 9 X 2 inch cake pan. Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes at 400 F.
- Reduce heat to 350 F and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- If using toaster oven, you may want to adjust heat as toaster ovens take less time to heat up.
Yum! Slice and eat. Serve with ketchup or hot sauce, if desired.
Enjoy!This dish serves 10 to 12.