No matter how good your website/blog looks no-one’s gonna stay on the page for long or come back if the content is up to scratch, the best way to write content is to remember that quality beats quantity, a reader will rather read a page of great content than a hundred page essay that is badly written. Write what you would read, if you only write a blog to make money then you won’t go far you will give up before you start making some real money.
1. To write good content you need to have patience and have an overall knowledge on what you are writing about. Write what you are interested in, or passionate about, this way you can enjoy what you are writing and this will keep you writing for time to come. Think of a subject or area you are good at and write about it, maybe you could blog about blogging, or talk about your dreams and what you think they mean.
2. Spell check and proof- read your work after you have finished. A blog with loads of spelling mistakes and grammar issues will not get loads of people returning, a spell checked blog looks and fells more professional and will get more people coming back. Depending on what website you are using to blog on it should have a spell check button on the top bar, on Blogger and Word Press there is a spell-check button at the top of every page you edit. After you have finished writing spell check and proof read all of your writing and then submit it.
3. Choice an appropriate design one that goes well with what you are writing. No one wants to read a badly designed blog, on Blogger and WordPress you can customize your blog and change the colors background picture and fonts and sizes as you please putting thought,time,and effort into making a suitable design will make your site look more professional and people will enjoy reading your content. The background should be appropriate and exciting, if you are writing about making money online add a picture of money or a cheque.
4. Structure, a well organised blog post is better and more fun to read. You wouldn’t write a book without a structure so why a blog, plan what you will write and how you can make it better. Edit where the widgets will be on your site and make sure the writing (the main content) is where the reader can see it. Look at other blogs to see what structure they use and see how you can use this with your site. Remember you can always edit your blog, and change things around, nothing is set in stone. Once you start a blog keep all the posts a consistent style, this will keep the blog looking professional and organised.
5. Pictures and videos, not too much or your page will become clustered. Adding appropriate videos and pictures can really liven up a website/blog and make it more interesting for the readers, however do not use videos and pictures in place of well written content and try to limit your self to a few pictures and at most two videos, most blog websites allow you to add links and add videos can be embedded into the blog itself.
6. Time frame, set a time each day to work on a blog post. Give yourself a time frame in which to complete articles and set aside a few hours each day to complete an article, take your time and remember that patience is key to writing a good articles. Write when you have free time, maybe when you come home from work or are felling well enough to write an article usually there is a time of day when you just feel like writing choose then to write.
7. Do your research, the internet is a great place to gather information. No one wants to read a blog that is badly researched and it’s best to know what you are talking about, look at other blogs on the topic of your choice and see how they have written it, do not copy them but learn from others. The best places to look at other blogs are at Digg.com, Google Blog Search, Reddit, and Squidoo these sites offer content which other people have written and can give you ideas to help you with our own blog.
8. Re-Submissions. Do not submit a lens twice or copy and paste a blog from another blog site to get quick lens these will not rank well with major search engines and you could get in trouble for it, write your own original content and don’t worry about writing loads of lenses at once as readers will see that you haven’t put work into them at all.
9. Length, keep it long, but not too long. Make the article long enough to get your point across and get into detail, add more over time to keep the lens fresh, however do not make the article too long as it will bore the readers and you will not include the main details. Ten detailed lenses are better than fifty short un-informing lenses, you can also come back to a lens to keep it up- to- date with fresh information. A good length is 500 words the minimum should be at least 300 but I would recommend more so you have the right amount of detail but don’t bore your audience. If you feel as if your lens is too short you can add more at a later date but if your lens is too long you can break it up into smaller parts- for easier reading.
10. Make a list. Make a list of all the blog posts you wish to write and all of the topics you wish to cover and then each time you write an article tick it off, this will keep organised and keep you on track. One lens every few days is a good goal, but don’t leave old lenses to drop lens rank.
11. Writing from personal experience is very easy it’s easy to say your views and you can go into detail with little effort. The good thing about writing about your personal experiences is that you can form a bond with your readers and that is always good. Add photos from holidays and make your blog personal, it’s easy to make a great blog that people can see is about you. Add a profile picture to your blog and make it look better in the process.