These 10 best drum solos of all time are just what was stated, the best of all time. There are no comparisons to these great solos that have been played. These following songs are by far the best drum solos of all time.
1. Moby Dick – Led Zeppelin – John Bonham – Here is by far the greatest drum solo of all time. Bonham had a whole song made just so he could showcase his drumming ability. After the opening riff goes for a few seconds, it is all Bonham. Every single drum enthusiast should see this performance.
2. In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida – Iron Butterfly – Ron Bushy – Though Iron Butterfly never had a hit as big as In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, Bushy became famous with the drum solo in this song. This solo can only be appreciated if you listen to the longer version of this song though.
3. Wipeout – The Ventures – Mel Taylor – Though this song is actually very famous, it’s famous for the wrong reasons. Wipeout is known for the guitar and melody, but it is completely based on the drumming of Mel Taylor. The speed of his playing in this song is astonishing and this is why Mel deserves a spot on the top 10 best drum solos of all time.
4. YYZ (Live) – Rush – Neil Peart – The song itself has great drumming, but no solo! In the live version of this song, it can be found on youtube.com, there is an amazing 2 minute solo slotted for Neil Peart. When he plays the drums it is obvious why he made one of the best drum solos of all time in this song.
5. My Generation – The Who – Keith Moon – Here is a great solo that shows why Keith Moon is one of the greatest drummers of all time. My Generation is one of The Who’s most famous songs and with a great drum solo by Keith Moon propelled it into one the top 10 best drum solos of all time.
6. Frankenstein – Edgar Winter Group – Chuck Ruff – This song is by far one of the most different songs compared to the rest on this list. This song seems a lot more like a jam than anything, but the music flows perfectly. Each member has a turn for a solo with their own respective instruments and when Ruff takes his turn it is simply amazing.
7. T. N. U. C. – Grand Funk Railroad – Don Brewer – Here is yet another song that is played just for the drummer. Along with some guitar playing, this song is based mostly on a great drum solo by Don Brewer. It should be on anyone’s top 10 list for best drum solos of all time.
8. Heartbreaker – Led Zeppelin – John Bonham – This song is a little less known that the track that Led Zeppelin also put out, Moby Dick. Though it is not quite as good as Moby Dick, Heartbreaker is still a great song with an even better solo.
9. Hot for Teacher – Van Halen – Alex Van Halen – This song has an outstanding introduction to the song with Alex Van Halen’s drums and then he steals the show. Hot for Teacher should be on every single list for best drum solos of all time.
10. 2112 – Rush – Neil Peart – Here is another great solo by Neil Peart. This drummer can easily be claimed to be one of the best drummers of all time. With two songs on the top 10 list for best drum solos of all time, Neil Peart can make this claim.