Texas holdem is one of the most popular and by far the best game of
poker. It can be played with as little as two players, up to ten players.
The game is well-liked both in the US and abroad, due to its fast paced
play and simple game rules. The game consists of four betting rounds.
Texas holdem is played with each player receiving two private cards
face-down and five community cards face-up placed in the center of
the table, to be shared by all the players. Player with the highest hand
at the showdown wins the pot.
Texas holdem rules
1. A small dealer button identifies a player as a dealer. The dealer
button moves left in a clock wise fashion to the next player, after
2. Before any cards are dealt to the players, the pot is formed
through bets known as blind bets or ante.
1. First player to the dealers left puts the first blind bet called
2. Second player to the dealers left puts the second blind bet
called big blind.
3. The first blind bet is smaller then the second blind bet
that’s why we call them the small blind and the big blind.
4. Since the bets are placed with out seeing the cards they
are called blinds.
5. According to poker rules, blinds are considered live bets
and can be checked, called, raised or folded.
3. Each player is dealt two cards face-down called private cards.
Face-down means no body else sees your cards except you.
4. The player left of the big blind makes the first bet starting the
first betting round, where you can call, raise or fold.
5. Now three cards are dealt face-up placed in the center of the
table starting the second betting round.
1. Player left to the dealer bets first.
2. These cards are called community cards, since they are
available to all players.
3. This round of betting is called “Flop”.
6. The fourth community card is dealt face-up in the center of the
table starting the third betting round called “Turn”. In this
round the betting amount doubles from the previous one.
7. The fifth and the final community card is dealt face-up in the
center of the table to start the last betting round called “River”.
8. After the final round of betting it’s time for showdown and the
player with the highest hand wins the pot. Where as identical
hands split the pot. The dealer button moves to the next player
to play the next hand.