10 Ways to Overcome Slow Computer – Many are the cause why your computer to be slow, maybe some of us have not much to know why all of a sudden when we use the computer to be slow so that it will hamper our activities.
So what are the causes of our computer so slow? and how do I fix this?
Here are 10 causes of slow computer and how to overcome them :
1. The computer is slow because of lack of memory
Slow computer problems due to lack of RAM installed is generally already known by all computer users.
For that try to check the installed memory capacity, for Intel Pentium 4 class computer with Windows XP OS and application upgrades was the standard should be at least 1 GB of memory.
2. The computer is slow because too many programs installed.
Personally I often find, especially privately owned computer to install the various programs therein, when the application is rarely or never used at all.
Check what programs are installed on computer by clicking the Add / Remove Programs in Control Panel and un-install programs that only a “accesories” is.
3. The computer is slow because too many startup programs and services running.
This is related to point No. 2, the more programs are installed, the more programs and services that will run when windows startup.
To disable startup programs and services that run automatically, go to “System Configuration Utility” by typing: msconfig in the run menu, then on the services tab and uncheck the startup did against the applications that are not needed.
To see what applications are running, we can use the tool Prosesexplorer. With this tool we can see and disable (kill) any applications that are not needed or is suspected as a virus.
4. Computer is slow due to the already swollen Temporary Files
The cause of slow computers that are already swollen to four temporary files (temporary). For Windows Xp location of the file is at: “C: \ Documents and Settings \ nama_user \ Local Settings \ Temp” and “C: \ WINDOWS \ Temp”.
To clean it, delete the files was found in both locations or run Disk CleanUp program by clicking start-run, type: “cleanmgr” and select the drive you want to cleanup.
5. The computer is slow because too many programs that serve as “security program”
Security programs such as antivirus programs and firewalls are additional applications that must exist on the computer, but do not be too excessive for example by installing an antivirus program as well 2-3.
For windows security concerns, the important thing is to do updates, enable the firewall and use an antivirus that does not burden the computer such as PCMAV Antivirus and be careful when using a USB stick / Memory Card.
6. The computer is slow because of problems on the hard disk
HDD is the second component after a RAM which can cause the computer to be slow. Slow computer problems caused by this hard drive such as:
– Low disk space
– The hard drive is fragmented
– Old hard drive, so the rpm decreased
– Hard drive error / bad sectors
How to cope with a slow computer because the hard drive problem above is:
– Upgrade the hard drive capacity by adding or replacing hard drive
– Do defragmenter on the hard disk regularly
– Avoid hard disk of dust, shock and overheating.
– Repair damage to the hard drive with checkdisk tool.
7. The computer is slow because of viruses, malware or spyware on the computer.
When the first computer we’ve got a virus or malware, then you should run the Windows Safe Mode, turn off system restore facilities and use programs such as Virus Cleaner Norman Malware Cleaner to clean the virus or malware and also do updates on the operating system.
8. Computer System Files is slow because there is a corrupted or even lost.
Usually occurs after the computer is infected with the virus and infected files that are already damaged or delete by antivirus. The easiest solution is to repair the operating system used.
9. Computer hardware is slow due to overheating problems.
Hardware overheat whether it occurs on the hard disk, VGA card, processor or cpu in general can cause a decrease in computer performance that eventually became the computer hangs, slow or even frequent restarts. To make sure that air circulation on the inside of the CPU runs fine as well as on the fan (fan) should be clean of dust and can rotate smoothly.
10. Computer connectivity is slow due to problems on the network / network
This could occur because of high network traffic, the hub or switch that hangs or the presence of viruses that try to get into our computer system. To remedy this, try to pair off and back on the LAN connector RJ45 LAN Card or Roset, restart the switch / hub port scanner and use the program to see what the data packet in and out of our computers.
Maybe that’s a few things and how to address the causes of slow computer that I can conclude based on the experience that I often encounter.