This dish is an asian delight that is a must to try out at least once in your whole life time.
A delicious dessert made of milk and sugar. I’m not sure of how many people are actually familiar with this dessert but take my word for it, it’s dam tasty.
If you haven’t tried it then I suggest trying it from a local Asian dessert bar then try my recipe to make it at home.
- 1 litre milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar ( or more depending on taste )
- 2 cups skimmed milk powder
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 1 egg White
- Handful of pistachios crushed
- Place the milk on medium heat to boil. Add water to the milk
- In a bowl, mix the skimmed milk powder, oil and egg whites together till they form a dough.
- Keep an eye on the milk, if it’s boiled then add sugar, stir and switch off the gas.
- Take a small amount of the dough (maybe about a teaspoon big) and roll into a ball
- Roll the remaining dough into balls as well.
- Add the crushed pistachios into the milk.
- Turn on the gas, when the milks just about to boil again then drop the balls in one by one, don’t worry the balls will stop the milk from over flowing.
- Let the dough cook for at least 20 minutes or so.
- After 20 minutes take out one if the balls, poke a small hole in the middle and make sure it’s not undercooked from the inside. P. S notice how the balls have expanded 3 times in size.
- If they are still under cooked then allow them to cook for at least a further 10 minutes.
- Once they are cooked, allow to cool.
For best results serve chilled and add pistachios on the too once you place them in the serving dish for decoration.
Most people get put off with the thought of having to cook with milk powder but in real its all in the head. i would and always will say that at leaast try something before you decide that its no good.
Make this recipe. if you dont like it then just never make it again. but please do try it atleast once though