A salty treat from the eastern part of the world, this treat is a great snack for when your watching telly or just a snack in general to have with your tea.It is delicious. But for that you have to try it out at least once.
It doesn’t take long to make and doesn’t require crazy ingredients either so if you don’t have a snack and are short of time this is great to make.
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 4-5 teaspoons water
- Cumin powder
- Flax seeds ( your choice )
- Pinch of salt
- Rolling pin
- Mix the self raising flour with the oil, water, cumin powder and flax seeds into the bowl till you have a big ball of dough.
- Take a piece of the dough and roll out with the rolling pin into a round or square shape, it doesn’t have to be no where near perfect- just make sure it’s rolled out thin.
- With the knife cut from one end to the other and then from the other end to end so that you have small diamond shapes.
- Depending on how much you want to make, repeat steps 2 and 3. Put any remaining dough into the fridge for later. It’s good fir the next 2 days.
- Put the fryer on.
- When the oil is hot start dropping each piece in. They will instantly fry up.
- Shuffle about and take out
- Let them cool and enjoy with a nice hot cup of tea.
Did any one try this. Please let me know how you got on.
This is a truly great snack but not many people give it a try. all you have to do is try something atleast once. then you will know weather you like it or not.
To describe this snack i would say it tastes salty but now so much that it tastes all salt. it has a taste of cumin in it to and is crunchy like biscuits.
Have you ever had samosas? well- the outer layer of samosas is made like this. just imagine that taste but just without the filling to go with it