Apple also called Malus domestica is a nutritious, tasty and healthy fruit which originated in the mountains of Kazakhstan. The apple tree belongs to the rosaceae family and the tress is not so much tall, but medium sized. The apple fruit is rich with vitamins and phyto nutrients that are very much essential for a good and healthy diet. The oval shaped reddish colored fruit with creamish inside pulp is as tasty as any other sweetest fruit in the world. It is used for many food products such as jelly, desert, and baking recipes.
As a nutritional fruit, it has very good health benefits. The health benefits of apple are immense and it is known as a vitamin A rich fruit. It is rightly said that, “an apple a day keeps the doctor away.” The apple health benefits are:
- Very much low in calories, apples are very much helpful in absorption of dietary LDL cholesterol in the guts of the human body. As it is rich in dietary fiber, it helps in colon mucous membrane to be protected from toxic substances preventing formation of cancer cells in the colon.
- Apple is rich in vitamin B nutrients such as thiamine, pyridoxine and riboflavin. This vitamin B materials help in enzyme metabolism and various body synthesing agents.
- Benefits of apple in providing flavonoids and polyphenols in the body are reported which prevents the body from complex effects of free radicals.
- The antioxidant strength of apple (ORAC value) measures 5900 TE in approx 100g apple content. This helps in strengthening the immune system of the body.
- Apple also contains small content of potassium, calcium and phosphorus. It helps in countering ill effects of sodium, hence preventing high blood pressure and irregular heart rate.
- Apple has been reported to improve skin moisturization and decrease skin diseases.
- Apple has been used as a dietary balance for pregnant women and energy booster for sick and weak patients.
- Apple is good for gums and improves formation of saliva and prevents bad breath.
- Eating apple regularly helps prevent Parkinson’s disease and improves memory power.
- Drinking rich and healthy apple juice could curb the effects of aging and keep away from Alzheimer’s disease.
- It is proven that women who eat apple on a daily basis have decreased risk of getting diabetes upto 28 percent.
- Apples prevent forming of gall bladder stones as it has high content of rich fiber and decreases cholesterol content in body which is the main cause of gallstone.
- Apple prevents bowels syndrome and constipation in body and controls abdominal pain and bloating caused by the disease.
- To help detoxification of liver, apple is the best medicine and also improves filtration of kidney as well.
- As apples are rich in vitamin A, regular apple diet helps in prevention of cataract.
Apple has been a rich source of taste and nutrition since the old times. Green apples are also very much healthy and good for health. Better eat apples and do not try to take apple seeds as it has been reported to contain toxic elements, and also bitter in taste. But other than that, when going for breakfast or dinner, have some apples in your bowl and enjoy a healthy life.