Shopping Cheaper Than Wal-Mart
Wal-Mart is often reputed to have the cheapest prices on just about everything. While having the power of being the world’s leading retailer means lower everyday prices than practically every other retailer, there is still hope for those looking to spend even less than they would shopping at Wal-Mart. Having the most timely and accurate listings of BOGO (Buy One, Get One) sales in your area, courtesy of a comprehensive site such as www.bogofetcher.com is a surefire way to get deals that can put Wal-Mart prices to shame.
Top 3 BOGO Shopping Tips
Before you head out with your list of BOGO sales, there are some things to keep in mind to make sure you really do get the best deals possible:
- Do your homework. Know the prices of the products you use regularly. Check them at Wal-Mart and at other stores, so you truly know when you are getting a good deal. In fact, recording such information in a small journal you carry with you when shopping is an efficient way to keep track. This will ensure that you make the right choices when deciding between BOGO sales and regular priced items. One particular organic granola bar at Wal-Mart is $2.58 and the regular price at most grocery stores is $3.99. When your grocer has a BOGO on that item, it is time to stock up.
- Use coupons to your advantage. Pair coupons that you find in newspaper inserts, the Internet and other places with the BOGO sales. If your coupon is good for a portion off one item, be sure to use one for each of the two items you get. Check out the store’s flyers for other in-store coupons you can use. Typically retailers allow you to stack coupons, which means you can use both a store coupon and a manufacturer’s coupon. On the occasions when you get to use stacked coupons on BOGO products, the out of pocket price per item can be just pennies or even free!
- Use http://bogofetcher.com/ to make sure you know about every single BOGO deal in your area every week. This great new service is totally free. You simply give your email address and the city and state in which you live and you get the BOGO deals delivered to your email box automatically. This allows for the best use of your time and money as you can plan where you will spend your hard earned dollars.
Other Tips For Shopping Cheaper Than Wal-Mart
While BOGO deals are one of the best ways to ensure rock bottom prices on the things you buy, there are other ways to get incredible deals when shopping.
- Check out the rewards programs at your local drug stores. CVS and Walgreens offer programs where you earn “money” to use in-store, simply by buying certain items. What this equates to is lots of totally free items when you know how to use the system to your advantage.
- Buy fruits and vegetables, in season when possible, at farmer’s markets. Remember to negotiate, especially for larger quantities.
- Buy in bulk and split with a friend.
- Shop the sales only. Buy end of season clearance specials for the following year.
By putting all these great tips to work for you, you will be sure to get the absolute lowest price on everything you purchase. You can save yourself that trip to Wal-Mart for low prices by creating your own even lower prices with the help of great resources like http://bogofetcher.com/ and a little bit of planning.