Dieting is not a good way to increase your metabolism. If you want to find a healthy way to increase your body metabolism, dieting and weight loss pills are not the answer. Most people don’t stick to a diet anyway and in fact most people see little success dropping weight. The result is they feel distressed and defeated with no long-term positive results.
Here is the answer you have been waiting for. Put these seven proven tips for increasing metabolism into practice immediately and start to notice changes for a healthier and hotter you.
1. Enjoying a good nights sleep is one of the most significant steps toward getting the energy to ramp up that metabolism. There have been scientific studies that demonstrate people getting 4 or less hours of sleep may have slower metabolic rates as compared to individuals who get 8 hours of sleep per night. There is some variability naturally among people, but most experts advise getting at least 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night. After a short time you will be able to determine what is best for your body.
2. Some studies show that as we get into the later afternoon and early evening our metabolism tends to slow down. Consequently, to ensure that you do burn up more calories, it’s wise to do some late day or evening walking or a few other physical exercises that will assist you to raise your heart rate and burn off more calories. Building lean muscles can help you burn even more calories for a longer time period. If you want to take advantage of some of those additional calorie burning periods, try weight lifting exercises for good results. Be watchful not to exercise too late in the night so as to affect your sleep.
3. Get more mobility in your life. As you become more active you will burn more calories and raise metabolism. One idea could be to walk to some of the places you go rather than taking the car. You can start to make steady progress by adjusting a few of your routines. A few of these changes will come easy, while others will take longer to make the adjustments. Some of these changes may be simple ideas such as taking the stairs instead of riding the elevator, walking instead of riding, or partaking in physical exercises such as weight lifting. You could even do a few pushups instead of sitting watching TV. This is just a start and I will bet that you will come up with many more suggestions for changing your activity level as well.
4. When planning meals, try to incorporate more protein and healthy fats into your diet. Reducing carbohydrate intake, especially from snack foods and soda is very important. One benefit of eating more protein is its ability to stabilize insulin levels in the bloodstream. To avoid that big let-down you get sometimes after eating high carb meals, try eating more healthy fats from such foods as nuts, avacados, and olive oil in salad dressings.
5. A lot of people think by skipping meals they are cutting down their caloric intake and therefore will lose weight. This is not a healthy way to shed pounds or help increase your metabolism. In fact, your metabolism will slow down and make you add fat. Your body thinks you are starving and takes action by making fat and storing it for future use. Eating 6 meals spaced out during the day and paying attention to smaller portions and healthy food choices, is a much healthier approach. Weight loss and enhanced metabolism will be the biggest benefits of this smaller portion and more frequent meal plan.
6. Drink a few glasses of ice water throughout the day. Not only does your body require the water to make sure you maintain proper digestion, but you can burn more calories warming the ice water to body temperature. Water is essential for detoxifying your system and maintaining metabolic balances for all your organs. Staying properly hydrated will keep you energized and help you maintain optimal health.
7. Try adding raw juices from fresh fruits and vegetable to your diet. You could even go so far as to try juice fasting or going on a juice diet for a few days. This may be over the top for some people, but definitely adding juices from fresh produce will increase metabolism and help to detoxify your system. You also get the added benefits of increased antioxidants and the vitamins and minerals that are found in these fresh fruits and veggies. Using a juicer is the ideal way to accomplish this and then just get creative or purchase a juice recipe book to give you some good ideas for some refreshing juice drinks.
There is no simple magic formula to help you increase metabolism and lose weight. However by applying all or some of these methods you will see noticeable changes for a healthier you.