Having a few home remedies for yeast infections can be critical. There is no telling when one will occur. These kinds of infections happen for many reasons, but at the heart of them is an imbalance of naturally occurring bacteria. When they do occur, they are not only painful but can be debilitating and embarrassing, too. At the first sign of them, utilize one of the home remedies for yeast infections listed below. You may decrease the overall intensity and length of the infection. If you are in severe pain, please seek out your doctor’s treatment immediately.
Top Home Remedies for Yeast Infections
One of the first things you can do is to learn the cause. By doing learning the cause you can avoid the potential onset next time in some cases. These can occur due to pregnancy, menstruation, stress, illnesses that require the use of immune impairing drugs and even poorly controlled diabetes. The following home remedies for yeast infections can help:
- One of the simplest of things to do is to keep the area as dry as possible. Yeast thrives in warm and moist conditions. You also will want to keep your clothing as loose as possible. Choose a cotton material that is breathable to avoid irritation and to keep the area dry.
- Do not use perfumes or lotions with scents. These can irritate the skin even more so. You also do not want to use anything that is not natural since this can alter the pH balance, which encourage yeast infections to worsen.
- Eat more garlic. Try increasing your garlic intake (in any form) to two cloves per day. Garlic can help to improve yeast infections, including those that occur near the mouth.
- Make a douche of licorice powder. To make, boil a pint of water with one teaspoon of the powder (found at most health food stores.) Allow it to steep for at least 10 minutes and then use once cooler.
- It is also an option to use a vinegar douche as one of the most effective home remedies for yeast infections. Use one to three tablespoons of white vinegar in a quart of warm water. Use at the first sign of the infection.
- Drink some cranberry juice (without any fillers or sugars in it.) This acid drink can often improve the infection significantly.
- You can also see some benefits from yogurt. Home remedies for yeast infections here often work in yogurts that contain live culture. In addition to eating it, you can use plain, live culture yogurt as a douche or apply to affected skin areas.
Any of these home remedies for yeast infections can be effective. For women who suffer from chronic conditions, it is a good idea to find out if there is an underlying problem causing this condition, in other cases, though, you can use any of these home remedies on a regular basis to get relief. These treatments will reduce the pain and itching you feel, and help to encourage your immune system to get the infection under control.