Many creams for rosacea, available in market or online stores promise to curtail rosacea, but do they work? Can they really make your skin look like the ones they show on their packs?
Buying a product that promises a lot naturally raises expectations. But when it comes short on its promises, it can be a deeply unsettling experience. That is why it is imperative to know what to expect from a product before buying it.
Here are 6 simple tips that will help you decide the best cream that will help you bid goodbye to your rosacea, once and for all.
Tips To Buy An Effective Rosacea Cream
1) The most important factor to be remembered before buying creams for rosacea that it should be moisturising, have anti-oxidant properties and it should be anti-inflammatory.
2) If you are looking for creams that really work, it is always necessary to take a look at the label of ingredients. Watch out if the cream you are holding in your hand has any of the following:
• Alcohols which are petroleum based
• Triethanolamine (TEA)
It would be a wise choice to put it back on the shelf, because petroleum based alcohols are proven to hike the redness and irritation. TEA is a major contributor to increased inflammation. Fragrances and Parabens, have an irritating tendency to cause burning.
3) Look for creams that contain ingredients like nut oil, primrose oil, blackcurrant seed oil, oil from tea trees, vitamin A, vitamin E, turmeric extracts, salicylic acid and azelaic acid.
4) Looking for a product that deals with not just one symptom of rosacea, but addresses all of them would be the wisest choice.
5) Although there are many creams that contain oil regulating and anti-inflammatory chemicals, they lack collagen building and anti-bacterial properties. Rosacea is a disease that affects the collagen on the patient’s face and the bacteria spreads the disease to healthy parts of the face. A cream with these properties along with oil regulating and anti-inflammatory properties would make an ideal cream for rosacea.
6) Research at an institute based in the U.S has discovered that one of the most effective ‘over-the-counter’ medicine is one that is alcohol free, made mostly from natural products and has commendable:
• Oil-regulating properties
• Anti-inflammatory properties
• Anti-bacterial, and
• Collagen building properties