Deep wrinkles around the mouth are likely to have developed early because of cigarette smoking, excessive use of straw when drinking, or from puckering up your lips (for whatever reason) too much. How they may have developed, though, does not change the fact that deep wrinkles around the mouth (as in all types of wrinkles) are not a pretty sight. If you are worried about your looks, then, you should be thinking about getting rid of deep wrinkles.
Well, it’s not like getting rid of wrinkles is a huge problem. But it’s certainly no walk in the park either. There are many treatments available, in all forms and budget sizes. If you are hesitant to undergo anything invasive, here are some things worth considering to get rid of deep wrinkles around the mouth:
· Quit smoking. Stop smoking or doing anything that involves pouting or puckering up your lips often, for that matter. It’s only sensible, isn’t it? If you don’t want to deal with more lines, it only makes sense to stop doing anything that contributes to the development of these lines, and if that happens to be smoking, then make no second thoughts to quit the habit right away. Sounds easier said than done? Well, bad habits are hard to break, aren’t they? But it may not be that hard when you get your loved ones involved in your resolve to stop smoking. Letting them know you want to stop smoking for good, and knowing that you have their full support will make your journey to a smoke-free life easier.
· Avoid the sun. The sun’s ultraviolet rays damage the skin, and contribute to the development of free radicals that create cellular damage. Protect your face from the excruciating heat of the sun by using Sunblock with SPF 25, a wide-brimmed hat, and a pair of dark sunglasses with UV protection.
· Take advantage of home remedies for deep wrinkles.Yes, there are home remedies for wrinkles, if you must know. Try any of the following:
o Grapeseed extract.Squeeze some grapeseed extract on your fingertips and massage it carefully around your mouth. Grapeseed has high levels of antioxidant which helps you fight wrinkles by preventing free radical damage.
o Eggs.Applying an egg mask once a week can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Eggs being rich in protein can help tighten the skin and encourage collagen and elastin production. To make an egg mask, first separate the whites from the yolk. You’ll be needing just the whites, but don’t let the yolks go to waste (you can actually make a delicious custard cake with egg yolks, so start looking for a recipe!). Beat the egg whites from two eggs until they are fluffy enough, then apply the mixture on to your skin for 30 minutes before washing it off with cold water.
· Moisturize immediately after washing your face. Applying a moisturizing cream seals in water to keep your skin hydrated longer. For best results, choose a moisturizing cream that has the following anti-aging ingredients:
o Hyaluronic Acid. Hyaluronic acid attracts moisture and seals it, so the skin appears plump and smooth. Although hyaluronic acid is naturally present in the body, its levels can diminish with aging.
o Cynergy TK. Cynergy TK is the functional type of keratin that naturally boosts the production of elastin and collagen.
o Vitamins C, E, and A. These vitamins are not only nourishing to the skin; they, having high levels of antioxidants, also protect the skin against free radical damage.
· Exercise. Face tightening exercises are good for reducing deep wrinkles around the mouth. Tighten your face by stretching your mouth as wide as possible and then holding it in place for a second or two. Bring your lips tightly together so much so that your lips are almost touching your nose. Hold it in place for another two second, then stretch your mouth wide again for about two more second. Finally, move your lips forward and then down, holding it there for two seconds. Relax and repeat the process twenty more times.