SMS is addictive, trendy, quick and reliable. It is a part of mobile platform. However today, this personal and business communication tool has evolved. It is become one of the fastest growing marketing avenues. SMS is no longer used to send a quick message to business associate, colleague or a friend. Marketers tap this amazing tool to attract new customers, establish brands and for a host of other marketing chores.
SMS Advertising is the new buzzword that is creating ripples of excitement in the advertising and marketing world. Mentioned below are some of the variants of this form of advertising.
1. Mobile technology is typically used for voice communication and messaging. But there is yet another face to it. Marketing! Yes, marketers are exploiting a growing pool of untapped subscribers to sell products and services. This is done via bulk SMS. Bulk SMS is a basically a text based marketing campaign which is sent to thousands of mobile phone subscribers. Bulk SMS providers provide the tools and the list of customers. SMS marketers simply need to compose an AD and select their target customers.
2. Short and long codes – These are subsets of SMS. Promotional campaigns are generally conducted via this route, to build a dialog with customers. It generates leads which is a healthy way of increasing revenues. You can invite customers to various contests, poll and voting. Ask them to participate via short or long codes. This in turn helps marketer understand their customers better. You can also get feedback on products and services.
3. Alerts – Timely and useful alerts via SMS is a sure shot way to win people’s confidence, which can drive sales instantly.
4. Multi-media messages, voice SMS, mobile websites, videos, smart phone applications and search engines are some of the other advertising options
Cheap, convenient and cost effective; these are some of the attributes that has made SMS the undisputed communication medium. It is unobtrusive, discreet with high response rate (9 out of 10 messages are opened and read). Online SMS to Mobile makes all these tasks a joyful experience. You can send messages using large keyboards and with just an internet connection. You do not require any special hardware, software and mobile phone.
You can create various groups and sub groups. You can send messages to your address book contacts. The recipients can reply back to you using their native device.
What are SMS Solutions?
SMS has branched out. Today, it boasts of several subsets which are equally effective, efficient and more powerful than the basic SMS. These solutions or variants are used for different types of marketing tasks. Mentioned below are some of the SMS variants.
1. Basic SMS – It is used to send messages to large number of mobile subscribers. The task is accomplished using SMS gateway software. It is one of the most economic ways of business promotion.
2. Voice SMS – This route is adopted where language is a barrier. It has its own set of inbuilt advantages.
3. Interactive SMS – Short code and long code allow people to participate in various marketing campaigns.