Going green proves to serve both the environment and your bank accounts. But some of the methods cut into the convience so many of us are used to. However, there are numerous ways you can go green without making huge sacrifises. Here are a few ways going green saves you.
1. Get a discount on coffee. Starbucks and many other coffee chains, will give 10 cents off when you bring your own mug instead of opting for their throw away cups that clog up the landfill.
2. Set your thermostat a few degrees lower in the winter and a few degrees higher in the summer to save on heating and cooling costs.
3. Cash in your cell phone. Instead of throwing away your used cell phone and allowing hazardous metals to seep into the ground, cash it in www.selllyourcell.com and get up to $100 for it.
4. Get free plants. Many nurseries give unsold healthy trees and shrubs away for free at the end of all seasons. Check with your local nursery.
5. Use a drying rack or clothesline to save the energy otherwise used during machine drying. If you must use a dryer, consider adding dryer balls to cut drying time.
6. Share power tools and other appliances. Get to know your neighbors while cutting down on the number of things cluttering your closet or garage.
7. Wear clothes that don’t need to be dry-cleaned. This saves money and cuts down on toxic chemical use.
8. Make your own cleaning products. You can make very effective, non-toxic cleaning products whenever you need them. All you need are a few simple ingredients like baking soda, vinegar, lemon, and soap. Making your own cleaning products saves money, time, and packaging.
It’s not difficult to save both the planet and some money. Try the above tips to help you spend less and preserve the environment.
To find your cheapest energy provider click here