Inline static mixers are often used in water treatment processes. They effectively help in creating an injection point for chemicals such as chlorine or for oxygen and ozone. In certain cases, they can also be used to inject soda ash into a water line. These mixers function on a simple principle—they create turbulence because of which the chemical or gas is rapidly and perfectly mixed with water.
The use of static mixers also reduces the dependence on storage tanks following the injection point. The greatest advantage of inline static mixers is that they help to convert a multiple-component input stream into a uniformly blended output.
- Use of static mixers in the food industry:
Inline mixers are finding wide applications in the food and beverage industry because they offer excellent mixing solutions. They provide an unmatched blend between two or more materials. They are used in industries that process materials such as margarine, butter or tomato pastes. These mixers have also shown great results in mixing viscous materials such as syrups and jams. Needless to say, such mixers are also useful in mixing liquids with gases in the aerated drinks industry.
These mixers are especially useful when it comes to mixing different batches. They provide high homogeneity and quality. Following are a few industries wherein these inline static mixers are used:
- Tomato Paste, Ketchup & Condiments
- Jams & Jellies
- Yogurt & Dairy Products
- Soft Drinks & Juices
In the food and beverage industry, hygiene and cleanliness standards are extremely high. Static mixers can be easily removed and cleaned, making them most suitable for this industry. Alternatively, these mixers can also be used for clean-in-place applications. Depending on the flow length you wish to achieve, these static mixers can be ordered in tube sizes ranging from one inch through twelve inches. When ordering a static mixer it is best to choose 316-stainless steel for the mixing plates as well as housing. This eliminates any chances of contamination caused by substandard metals. It is advisable to get the plates electro-polished to make them durable and easy to clean.
Let’s take a look at the other advantages of using inline static mixers in the food and beverage industry.
- These mixers contain no moving parts, because of which there is no risk of small parts mixing with the food products.
- They are very easy to maintain. They can be cleaned in a very short time. With basic maintenance, these mixers give a smooth performance and a longer life.
- You can mix two to three materials together to get different blends. Moreover, if you have other specific requirements, you could talk to our experienced sales engineers and get your inline static mixers custom-made.