The properties of both green tea and nuts are known and have been appreciated since the ancient times. Scientists have made ample evidence supporting their effectiveness in preventing and even treating many health problems.
Green tea’s therapeutic indications include helping to prevent a large number of diseases and conditions. Here are some of them:
1. Helps get rid of extra pounds. Laboratory studies on mice show that green tea blocks the absorption of fat and keep pounds away.
2. Relieves symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. A substance contained in green tea has the ability to reduce inflammation and pain in joints in cases of rheumatoid arthritis. A team of researchers at Michigan School of Medicine conducted several studies in the laboratory, which clearly indicated the possibility of using the green tea compound EGCG for future treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
3. It helps prevents skin cancer. Scientists have discovered that green tea provides protection against skin cancer. Using a spray, green tea reduces the harmful effects of ultraviolet rays on the skin. Specialists from the University of Cleveland, Ohio, tested the solution and found it is effective in protecting skin.
4. Reduces risk of heart attacks. Three cups of tea drunk each day reduced the risk of heart attacks by 70%. Flavonoids in green tea can prevent inflammation, reducing the risk of thrombosis.
5. Strengthens bone density. Research shows black tea and green tea are able to protect bones. Just two cups of tea consumed daily can bring similar benefits as a serving of milk.
However, experts point out that we should not rely on tea to reduce the risk of fractures and improve bone density. It is more important to make sure you’re consuming the correct amount of calcium needed by the body, and do physical exercises.
If you want to include a healthy snack between meals, do not hesitate to choose raw nuts, as they are considered a superfood because of nutrients in them. Here’s why you should eat nuts!
1. Protects men from prostate cancer
According to one study, men who eat a few nuts each day will be more protected against prostate cancer. Besides having the property to prevent this disease, nuts may reduce the size of tumors, preventing them from growing, say experts from University of California.
2. Protects against breast cancer
According to a study of 30,000 adolescents, nut consumption reduces risk of breast tumors. Researchers at Harvard University examined teenagers’ diet and after a period of four years, the results showed that regular consumption (two or more servings per week) of any kind of nuts reduces the risk of breast cancer by up to 36%. All omega-3 fatty acids are responsible for this benefit, according to specialists.
3. It is good for the heart
According to a study published in the journal “American College of Cardiology”, daily consumption of nuts keeps arteries healthy and protect the heart from disease.
4. Protect yourself from gum disease
The researchers examined the effects of a diet rich in polyunsaturated fats (walnuts are an important source) on approximately 9,200 adults aged over 20 years. At the end of the study, it was found that for participants who have opted for a diet rich in these fats, the risk of gum problems dropped by 30%.