Learn how to protect your brain from aging prematurely!
It can begin with the daily stress that attracts a person into depression. An untreated depression for 6 months leads to a disease of memory. Statistics show that one in two people with untreated depression develops a memory disease.
Eight risk factors for brain health
1. Anxieties and depression not treated early enough
2. Social stress and occupational stress, economic crisis and uncertainty about tomorrow and the future
3. Unhealthy eating
4. Affective disorders
5. Self-medication (improper drug administration, long term)
6. Lack of communication
7. Important hormonal imbalances
8. Cranio-cerebral trauma
Foods to be eaten
One of the important factors that affect your brain health is unhealthy diets, such as fast food and irregular eating. Fast foods, and highly processed foods are two of the things that have really had a negative impact on people’s health over the last couple decades.
It is essential to follow a nutrition program: three main meals (breakfast at 8:00-10:00, lunch at 12:00-14:00, dinner at 18:00 – 19:00) and two snacks (around 11:00 and 16:00).
Components of a good diet
1. Homemade bread or grain bread
2. Three eggs a week that have neuroprotective effect
3. Fish rich in omega 3 and 6, anti-oxidant and cardioprotective
4. Fresh fruit: blueberries, blackberries, apples, cherries, oranges, kiwi, grapefruit, lemons for vitamin C, the only vitamin that our bodies do not produce
5. Fresh vegetables: celery, parsley, lentils, fennel, green beans, dried beans,
6. Healthy fats: avocados, nuts, olive oil or sunflower oil cold pressed, Brazil nuts, peanut butter.
In the fresh vegetables category, cabbage and green leafy vegetables increases the body’s ability to withstand stress, it is very rich in fiber, vitamins C, K, E, B1, B9, minerals (iron, selenium, potassium) and beta-carotene. Eat cabbage and other green leafy vegetables such as broccoli seed sprouts, spinach and turnips.
If you want to slow the aging process, you must take care of your brain. According to experts, the aging of each body part deals with the aging brain.
A good thing for brain health is to have a balanced lifestyle and follow some basic rules: to have an active social life, to have some intellectual activity (watching TV sitcoms or soap operas does not fall into this category), to follow an adequate diet plan, limit alcohol and tobacco, and have a balanced program of 8 hours sleep per night.