It’s not only kids who can’t sit still in the car. If I have to sit for more than a couple of hours, I get awfully fidgity! Believe it or not, I pack myself an activity bag just like I used to when the kids were little. Here’s what I put into it.
1. I start a novel at home so that I’m well into the story and read for about an hour at a time before
moving onto a new project.
2. I have little packs of candy. At the moment I have a bag of Jelly Belly beans and I eat ONE AT A TIME
as slowly as I can. That kills a little time.
3. I people watch. You would be amazed at who you see as you pass cars. I’m still waiting to see my first
celebrity, and it’s just a matter of time.
4. This particular how-to is being written in the car. I just wish that I could hook up with the internet
but seeing that I have two days to get through before I get home, just having the computer is helping and
it doesn’t cost anything extra.
5. I also have a Soduko book that I really not very good at. That might be a good thing now that I think
about it. It can take me hours to figure them out!
6. I count cars that we pass and then subtract each one that passes us. Yes, I do have a problem with
7. I spend a little time working on the family tree. This trip was devoted to adding anecdotes. I wish
someone would have done this for me. I would have loved reading stories about people born a couple of hundred
years ago. I hope my decendants find my life fascinating lol.
8. I brought two ipods… one with music and one with hours of podcasts.
9. I count men wearing baseball caps or maybe cars of a certain color.
10. I ask for lots of bathroom breaks. I might not always need them lol, but it gets me out of the car. I can stretch my legs and actually see people. Yes, I get that bored. 😉