Recognizing the Symptoms of Allergies in Children
1. Hay Fever
• Sneezing, runny nose, tightness, itching.
• watery eyes, itchy, red or swollen.
• Cough, nasal bleeding, or pain around each outer nose.
• Dark circles under the eyes.
• Snoring at night and breathe through the mouth.
• Feeling tired because generally do not sleep well at night.
• Spitting continuously.
• Headache without fever.
• Breath sounds, can not breath and chest tightness after exercise or after exposure to allergen.
• Skin bruising, drowsiness, rapid heartbeat, chest shape slightly (often also called pigeon chest).
• Rash – itchy skin rash, red and swollen with pale middle section. Spread both in the whole body and in one part only, such as the face. The location could be moved to move. Missing biduran at sati site, appear in other parts of the body.
4. Contact Dermatitis
• The skin blister small, colored red, but not too itchy, allergy usually disappear when the cause is lost.
5. Food Allergy
• Lip swelling.
• Sense tingling around the mouth or throat.
• Stomach bloating.
• The large intestine to work more actively.
• stomach churned.
to determine whether a person suffering from allergic diseases can we check the levels of antibody Immunoglobulin E (lg E) in the blood, then if the value is greater than the normal value (0.1 to 0.4 ug / ml in serum) or a high threshold. Then the patient would need an allergy test to determine the material / substance what causes allergic diseases (allergen). There are several kinds of allergy tests, namely:
1. Skin Prick Test
This test to check for allergies to inhaled allergens and foods, such as: dust, dust mites, animal skin flakes, shrimp, crabs and others. This test was performed on the forearm skin of the dala, and that in the test allergen is stuck into the skin using a special needle (eye of the needle 2 mm long), so it does not cause bleeding wounds in the skin. The results also will be known within 30 minutes when positive allergic to certain allergens would arise itchy red bumps.
Terms of this test:
• Patients must be in good health and free medicines that contain antihistamines (anti-allergy drugs) for 3-7 days, depending on the type of medicine.
• Age recommended 40-50 years.
2. patch Test
Test to find out contact allergy to chemicals, in dermatitis or eczema. This test was performed on back skin. The results of this test can only be read after 48 hours. When a positive impact on certain chemicals, there will be spots on the skin redness and bouncy.
Terms of this test:
• Within 48 hours, the patient must refrain from activities that sweating, bathing, sleeping face down position, your back should not be rubbing.
• 2 days before the test, should not be taking medications that contain steroids or anti-inflammatory. Back area must be free of topical medications, creams or ointments.
3. RAST (Radio Allergo sorbent Test)
This test to determine allergies to inhaled allergens and foods. This test requires a blood serum sample as much as 2 cc. Then the blood serum is processed by a special computerized machine, the result can be seen after 4 hours. The advantages of this test: it can be done at any age, is not affected ole.
4. Skin Test
This test is used to determine the allergy to the drugs injected. Performed in the forearm skin in a way that would inject drugs tested in the lower layers of skin. The new test results can be read after 15 minutes. If positive will arise bumps, red, itchy.
5. Provocation Test
This test is used to determine the allergy to the drugs taken, food, can also be inhaled allergens, such as dust. This test is called a test for allergen inhalational bronchial provocation. This test is used for asthma and allergic runny nose. Bronchial provocation tests and the food is rarely used, because it is not convenient for patients and high berresiki asthma attacks and shock. The test is now replaced by the Skin Prick Test and specific IgE RAST method.
For the drug provocation test, using the method of DBPC (Double Blind Placebo Control) or double semar test. The way patients taking medications with dosage increased gradually, and then awaited his reaction to the interval 15-30 minutes. Nature of the day only one drug should be tested, for tests on materials / other substances have to wait 48 hours later. The goal is to determine the type of allergic reaction is slow.
There are few medications that have been able ddites by RAST method. All allergy tests have 100% accuracy, provided preparation test must be correct, and how to perform tests must be true and correct.