Obtaining jobs that hire felons can be very difficult. Not only have the jobs that hire felons have increasingly becoming rare, there is also a growing number of unemployed individuals that compete for positions in jobs that hire felons. Another problem that most felons encounter is their lack of experience. Due to their long years of incarceration, their resume cannot produce any job employment history or job experience. Another obstacle that many stumble upon is the bad perceptions of many employers to felons.
Truly, looking for jobs that hire felons is a daunting task but not impossible! There are many ways by which a felon can find jobs that hire felons. Here are a few example of jobs that hire felons:
1.) Freelance Jobs:
There are various freelance jobs that hire felons. Freelance jobs usually do not need any background check. As long as the person can provide the best output in his jobs, a person can get the job.
Among the freelance jobs that hire felons are the following:
• Media Researcher – Researchers are people who help journalists as well as news reporters gather information for their news articles or programs. Many people with felony conviction work as researchers as they often are very knowledgeable with things that ordinary people do not know.
• Police Assets – The best way a felon can redeem himself is to become a police asset. By becoming a police asset, a felon can help fight the crime that he was once involved in.
• Online Computer jobs – Anyone who has the skills in writing, video editing or webpage design can apply for freelance online computer jobs. The employers in online computer jobs do not background check as long as the person does his job satisfactorily.
• Real Estate – Real estate developers do not background check. As long as the person can sell houses, he’s okay.
2.) Contractual Jobs:
A felon can look for contractual jobs while looking for more permanent job opportunities. The good thing about contractual jobs since they only hire people for a specific time like for 3 months; the employers do not try to make deep background checks on its employees.
Here are some contractual jobs that hire felons :
• Construction Jobs – Constructions are usual contractual jobs that hire felons. Constructions usually last only for a few weeks to a few years. The pay is usually good and felons with good physical condition will be of advantage as compared to other job seekers.
• Housekeeping Jobs – Though not very popular to many, housekeeping jobs are easy jobs to land. You do not need to formally send resume, just a recommendation from a friend is usually enough for an ex felon to get the job.
• Factory Jobs – Factories base their employment on the skills of an individual and not on his academic or past credentials. A resume focusing on your skills is enough.
• Delivery Services – Delivery service jobs do not bother to discriminate felons in the jobs.
Why bother look for jobs if you can be the boss yourself. One problem that most people with felony convictions face is bad credit report, which hinders them from loaning from banks. Don’t worry, various government agencies and nonprofit organizations render their services to felons who want to start a new life by building small businesses. You may contact such agencies for help.
To find jobs that hire felons is a difficult thing to do. But you must not give up. There are many ways by which you can get a position in jobs that hire felons. Keep your head high, soon you will find jobs that hire felons!