In today’s busy world we don’t have much time to spend on our daily work in such a way, the technological world as been introducing more and more applications technically. Among them the fastest and latest application is Flex Application development, which has been used both design and development. It has become a standard application with its Software Development Kit (SDK). And more over one of the new standard script for developing Flex is Action Script 3.0; it has been popular due to it.
What is Flex?
Flex is a powerful, open source application framework that allows you to easily build mobile applications for iOS, Android, and BlackBerry, Tablet OS devices, as well as Rich InternetApplications (RIA) for browser and desktop using the same programming model, tool, and codebase.
They are two extension file used in Flex are:
i) .MXML files:
It’s an interface component file type which is primarily associated with Flex and is an XML based user interface markup language which is used in lay-out of UI components in Flex Application. And its also a powerful Object OrientedLanguage which as its own classes, components, compiler and debugger.
ii) .SWF files:
It’s a format file type which is primarily associated with Flash where flex runs on flash so it supports flash extension file too. And abbreviation of SWF is ShockWave Flash. As flex is a basic level of flash it output its data as .swf.
Story of Flex:
The initial release of flex was introduced by Macromedia in March2004 with some other components and application name was Flex Data Service and later as Macromedia was adopted by Adobe Systems, it was again released in June 2004 by Adobe Systems and finally a stable release was given last year in May 2011.It can run on Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
Flex Application Framework consists of the following components:
- MXML – is used in flex server and used to manage objects that constitute the interface of the applications. MXML is converted into Action Script which is then compiled into a SWF file.
- Class Library – consists of service components. The most remarkable feature of these components is that along with in-built components, Flex also allows developers to create custom components.
Flex Development Services include:
- Flex Integration
- Flex Website Development
- Flex Application Development
- Flex Games Development
- Flex Component Development
- Flex Widget Development
- Flash Animation
- Hire Flex Developer
- Hire 3D / 2D Animator
Some of the versions in flex are:
- Macromedia Flex Server 1.0 and 1.5.
- Adobe Flex 2.
- Adobe Flex 3.
- Adobe Flash Builder and Flex 4.
- Adobe Flash Builder 4.5.
Advantages of Flex:
- Enterprise-class Programming Model– The programming model constructs application and this application on can access to local database, camera, GPS, etc.
- Developer Tools– Flash Builder helps in developing flex application and the application are debugged on device and then released.
- Mobile– Build high performance applications android, blackberry, tablet OS and iOS.
- Server Integration– It tightly integrates with Java, Spring, Hibernate, PHP, Ruby, .NET, ColdFusion, and SAP.
- Plentiful Components– The Flex SDK contains hundreds of out-of-the-box components. Data Grids, Charts, Formatters, Validators, and numerous other UI controls are the building blocks for applications of all sizes.
- Outstanding Performance– By doing data visualization and UI interactions on the client-side less time is spent waiting for a server to respond.