Feet that are wide towards the toes and substantially narrow towards the heel, are considered broad.
- People with broad feet require ample room at the front of their shoe for their toes to breathe. Wider foot-fronts work best for them.
- Ankle straps and crossover styles work well, giving them a dainty yet comfortable fit.
- In keeping with flats, strappy thong sandals are also a good option.
- Opt for cross-over straps or open-toed pumps for heels instead of closed shoes. This gives feet a visually slender look, and a little more room for your feet to breathe.
- Men with broad feet should steer clear of very blunt and rounded toes. Not very pointed, but a slight tapering end will help take away from the width of the foot and still manage to give you ample squiggle room.
These feet are slender all along, from the heel to the toe, and with proportionately narrow ankles. They require footwear to hold their feet at more than one junction for a good fit.
- Anything strappy and loose, without proper support becomes difficult for the wearer to walk in. Instead, try colourful tie-ups that hold the foot firmly in front.
- Flat ballerinas are also a good option for the slim footed. For a little variation, try experimenting with a little heel, like a Mary Jane or French or Kitten heels.
- Stilettos and pumps also look good with draped short dresses, gowns with flares or office formals. Make it easy for yourself and find a pair with a slight platform front for better hold and comfort.
- Men with slender feet can try tapering shoes but ensure that they aren’t very pointed at the tip. To give the foot more definition, ankle length boots work well too.
Many people have feet that don’t have clearly defined arches on the sole. This makes it difficult for them to wear shoes that have a lot of elevation, since the foot doesn’t get the required support. Arch supports can be found at most sports-wear stores and at select chemists. These can be inserted into a closed shoe for a better fit.
- While you can wear most closed shoes with the help of an arch support, try strappy footwear that has colourful. Girly wedges with floral detailing or solid colours or crossover straps.
- A smart-covered shoe with a gentle wedge heel can have an inbuilt arch-support. This will give you the height and grip your foot without compromising on style.
CHOSE YOUR STYLE
- Tall women wearing a short dress or a denim skirt can experiment with kitten heels, a Mary jane style or bright tie-ups to jazz up the outfit.
- Short women in need of a boost can find solace in comfortable platform stilettos for the snazzy evening look or funky wedges for day wear.
- Curvy, short women should avoid wearing closed shoes. Wedges or French heels will give you much-needed elevation and soften the look.
- Calf or knee-length boots are a great way to highlight a slim, tall pair of legs. Wear them over skinny jeans or knee-length dress or skirt.
- For men, navy blue, black or military green pants warrant black shoes, whereas grey, khaki and lighter colours can take on brown shoes.