How to Remove Coffee Stains from Carpet
Here is advice and tips on removing coffee stains from carpet with minimum or no damage to your carpet.
· Remove all excess liquid from the carpet with a clean, while cloth. Always use white cloth while cleaning a stain, as the dye in colored fabrics can bleed and cause more staining.
· Use clean water and clean cloth to blot away the stain. Remember always to blot a stain from outside inward to ensure that you do not cause the stain to spread further. Never use a rubbing motion when cleaning a stain. Rubbing can cause the stain to spread and be pushed deeper into the carpet and padding.
· Cover the stain with baking soda or salt and let it sit for at least for half an hour. Then remove with a vacuum or with a clean cloth. The baking soda or cloth can help absorb some of the coffee stains from the carpet.
· You can also use club soda or ginger ale to help remove a coffee stain. Sprinkle evenly over the stain and let it sit for the few seconds. Then use a clean cloth to blot the stain from the carpet.
· Vinegar can also be used to remove coffee stains from carpet. Mix together 1/3 cup of while vinegar and 2/3 cup of lukewarm water. Dip a clean cloth in this solution and blot the coffee stain until it has been fully lifted from the carpet. At this point, use another cloth dipped in clean water to remove the vinegar. Blot dry with dry cloth.