1. You will rarely get to sleep in again. I don’t know why but this was somewhat shocking to me. I will never forget when we were expecting company and our twins were only a few weeks old. My husband and I freshened up and straightened out the house only to be informed we looked like crap.
2. Most of those people who offer to baby-sit or help “anytime” disappear once your child is born. I also still have a couple friends that I know it would not be a good idea to bring my kids along when I visit them.
3. Any personal hygiene items, toys or condoms will be discovered by kids and displayed to family and friends if you don’t hide them good enough.
4. Most of those cheap diapers are useless because they burst apart and/or everything comes flying out the sides.
5. White clothes are a waste of time because they get dirty immediately if you let your child move. You will need to either get used to running and scrubbing constantly or living with stains.
6. You get used to your children following you everywhere, including the bathroom. Then they become teenagers and don’t want to be seen with you.
7. Your meals and coffee will be lukewarm if you’re lucky. You learn to eat fast and it’s a hard habit to break even when it’s not necessary.
8. Children like taking off with your shoes especially if you’re in a hurry and need to go somewhere important.
9. No matter how much your child claims he will feed or walk the dog, you’re the one who will do it much of the time.
10. It’s impossible to keep up with food children like and once you stock up on something, they won’t like it anymore.