When a PPC (Pay Per Click) campaign works, it can bring an excellent ROI (Return on Investment) in quick time. Many top companies spend millions of dollars on their PPC campaigns because they get handsome returns. So can you and you don’t have to spend millions of dollars. A PPC campaign can start off small just to test the waters. Many PPC services companies suggest their clients to start off with $1,000/mo and take it from there.
One thing that PPC services get right is the fundamentals of a PPC campaign. A well-structured, well-planned PPC campaign can get you results in a flash. Here are some of the key components that a PPC services company executes very well:
1. Though the traffic volume for top-placed PPC ads is higher, it is not necessary that a PPC ad placed lower will not get the desired results. A lower-placed PPC ad may get lesser traffic, but will get in the same conversion rate as the top-placed ad does. That said, the PPC ad must find mention inside of the first 3 search engine results pages. So, it does not make sense to out-bid every advertiser and get your PPC ad on top.
2. PPC ads must be well-planned to exploit various factors like seasonal shopping, promotions, analytics, split test results, anticipated traffic, and more.
3. The focus of a PPC ad must be on efficiency rather than on budgets. A well-written ad that targets the right keywords and presents a relevant landing page to visitors has a greater chance of working than an unplanned or semi-planned PPC ad.
4. The choice of keywords is very important. For example, if your website sells products made from medicinal plants, then spending on the keyword “medicinal plant products” may not get you as much ROI as compared to spending on long tail keywords such as “medicinal plant products for heart,” or “OTC products for heart health.” This is because the person who searches for “medicinal plants” may be seeking information on the plants, and he may not want to buy a product – but it is likely that he will click on your ad, thereby eroding your PPC deposit. However, a person searching for a medicinal plant product that has the capacity to heal the heart is a buyer. If he likes what he sees, he will swipe his card. This is why landing pages are so important – the right PPC ad that targets the right keyword and takes the visitor to an accurate landing page will produce the desired result.
5. PPC services companies spend 70% time on analytics and market research and 15% of the time writing ads; unprofessional companies do the reverse. Yes, a well-written ad is important, but market research and analytics are paramount.
This is how a PPC service company helps their clients get a decent ROI. Remember, PPC is a fine marketing art and even though anyone can create a Google AdWords account and start advertising, it makes sense to work with a reputable PPC services company because it knows the ropes.