But beware, you have to be careful. The traffic of money large enough to attract the evil intentions of cyber criminals.
There are a lot of shopping sites that use the system of inter-bank transfers or direct payments (cash on delivery) with a debit or credit card. and of course things demeikian highly vulnerable to fraud, theft and other crimes
Here are five tips from security firm Trend Micro so you can be safe and enjoy online shopping activity :
- Bookmarks is the official shopping site as the information is important when trying to find stuff on the site. This minimizes the possibility of you fooled by malicious site when looking through search engines. You can record the address of the official website of their advertising in the media or other reliable information.
- Be careful with the shipment of goods and offer huge discounts via email. The average spam email like this bring a false link and attachment that it can be will infect your computer.
- Check and re-verification if you are sent a bid that does not make sense through the notification SMS, email, Facebook, or Twitter, before clicking a link campaign. You can call customer service shopping site to ensure the offer or promotion is in progress.
- Check back again to the payment page. If payment through a third party (eBay or PayPal) make sure you are at the correct address, do not let your credit card data is stolen and misused. It is better to choose a shopping site that uses a system of inter-bank transfers or direct payments (cash on delivery) with a debit or credit card.
- If you include people who really like shopping, there’s no harm in installing security software that can block the action of the hackers and ensure you get into a secure shopping site.
Shopping online is a case where the seller and the buyer does not meet the real even though both sides still can use the video call to transact directly, but such things are not effective for the buyer and seller.
Act carefully and examine with a good online shopping site, if there is any doubt, look for references through search engines like google, yahoo, bing and others by typing the name of the site and the add the word scam or not.