Did you have some left over red wine after dinner?
Why not save some money and always have a little red wine for your cooking?
Put it in to an air tight plastic box.
When frozen it is easy to dig in with a table spoon, because of the alcohol in the wine.
Now you can always add a touch og red wine when cooking your favorit meals.
Red wine is great for cooking and the sauce gets that little extra something when adding red wine.
Here is how to do it:
Easy Red Wine Sauce
1/2 ounce butter
1.2 cup shallots, sliced
2 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 cup dry red wine
1 bay leaf
2 cup brown veal stock
1 ounce butter
- Heat up the butter in a small pot
- Add shallots and garlic and saute until they are getting a bit of color
- Add wine and bay leaf and lidt it boil until reduces into half
- Put in veal stock and let it boil in about 20 minutes
- Now put the sauce through a fine sieve before serving
Red wine is also great for:
Stews with; pork, chicken or beef
Marinade for meats
Drinks, here the red wine looks realy great as ice cubes.
When freezing ice cubes notice that it won’t freeze hard as water. So do not use the ice cube bags or you will have red wine all over your freezer.
All you have to do now, is invite your friends make a great sauce and remember to keep your left over red wine for the next time your freinds comes to dinner.
Good luck and have fun