It does seem a little odd to add Italian dressing to a roast but you will see that it is worth it. This is a great tasting twist to an ordinary roast.. Thank you for reading And Enjoy!!
Things You’ll Need:
- 1 Beef Chuck Roast, cut about 2 inches thick (about 3 Lbs)
- 1/2 Cup bottled italian salad dressing
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- instant unseasoned meat tenderizer
- 2 Tbs peppercorns
Pierce meat deeply all over with a fork; place in a shallow dish. This way the flavor gets in to the meat, also helps to keep the roast tender.
Mix Italian dressing and lemon juice in a 1-cup measure; pour over meat; Cover. Chill, turning meat several times, at least 2 hours. Be sure to let it chill so that it has plenty of time to marinate.
When ready to grill, remove from marinade; Sprinkle with meat tenderizer, following label directions. Crush peppercorns with a rolling pin; press half onto each side of steak. Place on grill about 6 inches above hot coals.
Grill, turning once, 15 minutes on each side for rare, or until steak is done as you like it. Carve into 1/4 inch-thick slices. Serve with your choice of sides such as mashed or baked potatoes, and some mix of greens work real nice with this Pepper Steak-Roast.
Tips & Warnings
- You can use less or more peppercorns according to your own family taste.
- Be sure to turn you pepper steak roast while its on the grill so that it cooks correctly.