Twelvers: Irrational, Irresponsible, Irreversible

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

There is an explanation why all diplomatic efforts to persuade Iran to abandon its nuclear ambitions have failed.  The fact that the Shiite culture has no respect for women and our Secretary of State is a female (Hillary Clinton) makes it very difficult to negotiate with irrationality rooted in religious radicalism.  Iranian president Ahmadinejad has used the United Nations as his bully pulpit to make shockingly irresponsible statements depicting Israelis as being “deceitful” criminals and murderers.  The irreversible attitude of Ahmadinejad and his fellow Twelvers can be explained by their theology.

            Islam is divided into two basic denominations; the Sunni and the Shia.  About 90% of all Muslims are Sunni, the remaining 10% are Shia.  The division can be traced back to the death of Mohammed in AD 632.  The Sunnis believe that the legitimate head of Islam should be elected from certified clerics.  The Sunnies chose Abu Bakr, Mohammed’s close friend, to be the first Caliph of the Islamic nation. 

            The Shiites  believed that the Islamic leader is passed on genetically through the family tree with the blessing of Allah.  They chose Mohammed’s cousin and son-in-law, Ali.  The Shiites have a very strong presence in both Iran and Iraq.  The largest faction of the Shias are those who call themselves Twelvers.

            The Twelvers teach that there were a total of twelve Imams beginning with Ali.  The last Imam was Mahmoud al-Mahdi who mysteriously disappeared in AD 874.  Twelvers, like Ahmadinejad, believe that the 12th Imam will return again but not until the world has delved into a state of total upheaval.  Iran’s president believes he is chosen to create that chaos.  When the Imam appears he will issue in an era of peace and justice.  He will be accompanied by Jesus Christ who will serve as his right hand man.

            All efforts to negotiate or reason with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad are fruitless.  He is insanely obsessed with his perceived role as the Muslim John the Baptist.  If Iran is prevented from making and using a nuclear weapon they must be stopped by military force.  If Ahmadinejad believes the 12th Imam will appear in the next year or two why would he make any concessions.  The irony of it all is that when the bombs started falling on Iran their Shiite ruler will rejoice because he will be convinced that he has completed his mission to create chaos.  He will gloat that he has succeeded in rolling out the red carpet for the 12th Imam.

            The Shia believe that certain conditions will precede the coming of the 12th Imam.  Besides an atmosphere of chaos, they also teach that there will be a great battle near the holy city of Mecca.  This battle will provoke a final confrontation against multitudes of Christians and Jews.  The Mahdi will win that war and capture Istanbul, Turkey.  He will then become ruler of a vast Islamic empire and rule for a period of seven years.

            During this period the Dajjal will reveal himself.  He is the Islamic equivalent to the Antichrist.  He has the word “Infidel” tattooed on his forehead.  He will be a great deceiver and will lead an army of 70,000 Jews and they will be annihilated when Jesus descends from heaven and destroys them with the breath of his wrath. 

            Ahmadinejad has stated that Allah has raised him up to wipe Israel “off the map.”  He believes he has been commissioned by the Imam to provoke a battle that will engulf the civilizations of the earth.  What better way to do that than to make an atomic weapon and use it, either against Israel or the United States.

            After addressing the United Nations in 2005 Ahmadinejad shared this statement, “When I started to say ‘In the name of God the almighty and merciful,’ he saw a light around me, and I was placed inside this aura.  I felt it myself.  I felt the atmosphere suddenly change, and for those 27 or 28 minutes, the leaders of the world did not blink…And they were rapt.  It seemed as if a hand was holding them there and had opened their eyes to receive the message from the Islamic Republic.”

            Americans underestimate this man to their own peril.  He has primarily targeted America and Israel.  He is insane with religious zeal.  He is consumed by  totalitarian ideology that insists that Islam rule the world.  This can’t happen until Christians and Jews are annihilated.  He has a mystical belief that he is chosen to perform this dastardly deed.  Hitler was consumed and he was ignored.  Ahmadinejad is consumed and he must not be ignored.

Works Cited:

www.religionfacts.com

Ahmadinejads’ Mission and Mysticism by Daniel Piper

Iran Nuclear Sanctions:  Ahmadinejad says they won’t bite.  Christian Science Monitor.  Scott Peterson

Apocalyptic Beliefs of Twelver Muslims by David W. Thornton

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply