In order to avoid overeating, it is very necessary to have food at regular time intervals and not allow yourself to starve for too long. When you stay hungry for a longer period of time, you tend to overeat.
- Have a glass of water before having your meal. This way, your stomach will be filled with water and thus prevent you from indulgence.
- Starting your meal with soup and servings of green salads with low fat is also a good idea. This way, you will fill your stomach with fiber rich food that automatically makes you feel fuller and will also curb your temptation.
- Be selective about what you eat. It is not necessary to just stuff yourself with whatever is put before you. Restrain from the hunger of your eye only. You must be aware of what you are eating and how much you are eating. If your meal comprises of variety of dishes and you are tempted to try all of them, make sure you have small servings of each of them.
- Most people have the habit of eating while they are angry or sad and even when they are bored. This is called emotional eating. It is very necessary to keep a check on your moods and see if it is influencing your eating habitsYour digestive system is designed in such a way that it gives us the signal before we are full. Learn to identify these signals and stop before you are too stuffed. In order to read these signals, slow down while eating.
- Some people misunderstand that they are hungry when actually they are thirsty. To avoid such a situation keep sipping on water all day long.
- Usually, all our celebrations are incomplete without food. Therefore, you should be very careful while choosing the menu for the occasion. Arrange foods that are healthy and have lesser calorie count. Moreover, while you are going to attend a function or a party, be aware of what you are eating. Hanging out near the food counters serving healthy soups and salads is a good idea.
Sometimes, the very first step of not overeating is not buying stuffy food at all. For example, if potato chips are your weakness and you can not resist if they are there at your home, do not buy them at all. This way, you can overcome your temptation.