Planning for a birthday party is never easy especially one with a theme as enchanting as Tangled. And what could be more exciting than a Tangled Treasure Hunt. It will take some time and effort to get this organized but your little princess and her friends are sure to love it! This could very well be the best of all Tangled BIrthday Party Ideas!
Once you’ve sent off the Tangled party invitations, bought the Tangled party decorations and Tangle party favors, baked or ordered the Rapunzel cake with the magical flowers, you are ready to plan the Tangled Treasure Hunt. Here’s a list of things you will need:
1. Small bits of colorful paper to write the clues on.
2. Small cardboard boxes decorated with Tangled stickers to hold the clues. (Depending on how old the kids are and the amount of time you have, you can decide on the number of clues leading to the treasure.)
3. Tangled Posters of the different characters (Rapunzel, Mother Gothel, Flynn Rider, Max the Horse, the King, the Queen, etc.)
4. A long braid made of yellow yarn. Would be great if you have the patience to braid a 70 ft long braid but a 10 ft one would do too!
5. A small wooden or metal chest filled with small Tangled party gifts
6. A tree house would be great but if you don’t have one, the attic or a loft would do.
The clues could be descriptions of the different characters in Tangled or phrases they have uttered in the movie. Put up the Tangled posters all around the house and the garden. Hide the clues behind the Tangled posters. The first clue should be read out aloud and once they solve the clue, they will know which poster to head to for the next clue and so forth. One of the posters should be placed in the attic, the tree house, or in a second floor bedroom which you can decorate with tiny paper lamps and leave the long yellow braid by the window.
You should bury the chest with the Tangled goodies outside this window and the last clue should hint that the braid will lead them to the treasure. If the kids are smart, they will figure it out by themselves and hang the braid over the window sill and head on down to dig for the treasure!
You could also get all the kids to come dressed up in Tangled costumes to make the Tangled Treasure Hunt all the more fun. Of course, your little girl will be Rapunzel and the other kids can come as whoever else they like.
The Treasure Hunt is best played early on in the party when the children are feisty and raring to go. So plan all other Tangled party activities and games after the Tangled Treasure Hunt. Make sure you keep the children fed with cake and yummy treats to keep up their energy levels!
You can look up more Tangled Party Ideas for other games too, to give your little girl the best birthday party ever!