It is not only important to maintain good weight but also to strengthen the body and promote a long, healthy, vibrant life. It is not too late to restore health and vitality. The following tips will help to maintain optimum health.
1. The foods you consume should have as few chemicals as possible. Read the nutrition labels on the packaging.
2. It is wise to eat three meals a day.
3. Foods should be eaten in as close to their natural state as possible. Cooking destroys most enzymes, half of the proteins and most vitamins and minerals. If not fresh, frozen fruits and vegetables can be as good or better, since they are picked, and frozen immediately. They will not have the preservatives that some fresh produce will have to help them last.
4. Eat lightly in the morning. Whole grains, fruit, nuts, and yogurt are good examples.
5. Water with lemon juice with a bit of honey will alkalize the digestive tract.
6. Between meals have healthy snacks, fresh juice or herbal tea.
7. Lunch should be the largest meal.
8. Fresh fruits and vegetables are important for health building. Raw fruits and vegetables are rich in enzymes. Papaya and pineapple are extremely high in enzyme levels. Enzymes are necessary for digestion. Foods rich in enzymes can help to maintain good weight, increase energy, and heal sickness.
9. Sprouts should be eaten. They are full of nutrition and are loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, and protein.
10. Cold drinks lower the temperature in the stomach below what is needed for efficient digestion and should be avoided.
11. Portion control is the key to maintaining a good weight.
12. It is essential to drink eight, 8 oz. glasses of water a day. Water is needed to remove toxins.
13. Reduce stress as much as possible and try to get enough sleep.
14. Regular exercise and activity can improve the way you look and feel.
15. Don’t feel deprived. Do the best you can without being overly restrictive.