Game of Thrones is a TV series set in the medieval age, where the extreme climatic conditions determined the dynamics of society and people’s behavior. This TV series is about a power struggle between several families competing for the throne of the kingdom, but only one can win. To get the precious throne they will have to face vicious schemes, romances, betrayals, battles and tons of drama. In this Game of Thrones, kings, queens, knights, renegades, liars, nobleman and good men will all play for a chance to win the coveted kingdom.
If you are not a faithful follower of the series, here I’ll let you why you should be.
6. The topic of the series: The main theme of the story is medieval drama, which includes knights, swords, dragons, kings, wolves, guardians and others. This genre hasn’t been well explored in television, because of the complexity of medieval productions. Undoubtedly, this genre has fascinating elements like fights for power, schemes and battles between members of different kingdoms.
5. The series is consistent with the book: This is a series based on the book “Canción de hielo y fuego” written by David Benioff y Dan Weiss. The books are long and the events too stretched thus making the story a bit slow, but the TV adaptation that HBO produces for the story is amazing. The dialogues are bitter and heartbreaking, the drama also moves fast, which give us unexpected surprises.
4. The atmosphere of the story: Like all HBO series, the attention to detail is very important for the realism of the story. The costumes, the jewelry, the decoration, the realistic fights, the blood in the scenes, the places, the castles, the landscape, the sets…everything is very well thought out and built. It makes the story, even though it happens in a fantasy world, appear exciting and believable.
3. The plotting: The history of royal families is full of secrets, lies and betrayals and of course, Game of Thrones isn’t at all different. It’s very exciting to discover the true face of the characters and how they reveal the secrets to their pasts progressively throughout the story.
2. The intro: The trailer and the music in the beginning of the series are spectacular. Every time I see it, I feel like I’m sitting in a movie theater. The intro gives the series even more of a dramatic feel than it already has and makes the audience start every episode with an excited feeling.
1.Excellent performances: I really like that the series has new actors. Almost all of the actors that perform in the series are unknown, but they are incredibly talented. There are some really good scenes that have made me laugh and cry. There are some moments in the series where the adrenaline takes over and the actors don’t seem to be performing anymore, which proves just how realistic this series can be.